Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jose is the horribly abused senior i adopted about a month ago. he's more than 11 years old and has lots of pain due to herniated disks, osteoarthritis, subluxating patellas and discospondylitis. but boy, does he have spirit!! he joins timmy, my first rescued chi that i adopted a year ago.

[/url]DSC_0292 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_0316 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_0288 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_0343-001 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_0374-001 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSC_0359 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

DSC_0317 by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr

[/url]DSC_0291 (1) by jacqueline rotteveel, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone. and thanks for asking about his health susan! it seems like we're getting a routine here a bit. i've gotten smart enough (ha!) to figure out what jose's favorite foods are. right now he's on prednisalone, gabapentin and clavamox. he gets fish oil, nupro joint support and pumpkin as additional support. i'm still giving him massages with coconut oil 2x aday - and in case i forget, he's figured out how to remind me. i really think the coconut oil is helping his coat - it was really rough and coarse, but is now starting to soften up.

jose's personality is popping through. he LOVES his morning walks. and for an old man with terrible arthritis he hops/walks faster than i do!! and if i'm too slow fixing his meds and meals he has a croaky but LOUD bark to encourage me!

I work hard to make sure they each get their "mommy" time for cuddles, and they are warming up to each other pretty well. all in all, there are three happy campers here!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Aww, they are beautiful! It is so nice of you to take care of them the way you do. I can tell you really care about them. I hope you guys have many happy years together!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts