Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago Lucky came into my life. She had been dumped in a creek near my house and made her way to me. My husband and I adopted her and she is now like a child to us. She looks quite a lot like a chihuahua but we think she is mixed. We can't really tell what breed she is. She is quite tall and has a pretty long torso. She weighs about 6-7 pounds. Any ideas?

Our sweet girl

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Shes lovely...and looks chihuahua to me...Thank goodness she arrived at your home....what kind of person just dumps off a defenseless animal :mad:

·
Registered
898 Posts
She looks like a chi to me!!!! I can't see her whole body but everything about her face: eyes, ears, nose, all scream chi to me. I don't see anything else.

And she's super cute!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw she is so lovely! :) (And she definitely looks all chi to me.)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'd love to see some side pics is she a merle? She looks like a full blooded chi to me too

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi what a beautiful coat luckey has luckey sure looks just like all our chihs so youve come to the right place welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is Lucky's story for people who want to know =)

Lucky showed up at my house in May of 2010. She was extremely skinny, with a wounded paw and very skittish. I found her laying in my garage when I came home one day and coaxed her into the house by leaving the door into the home open and closing the garage door. She would not eat or let anyone come near her for about five days. She slept on a chair in my living room and would snarl and snap if anyone tried to touch her. She eventually became a little more friendly and we tried to look for her owner. We found out that a litter of chihuahua pups had been found dead and dumped in a creek by where I live, and since it was evident that Lucky had recently had pups we concluded they were hers.

Now, she is the most loving, sweet dog ever. It took a while for her to come around but she is definitely like a child to my husband and I now. She is extremely protective us and has even chased a neighbor out of our yard. She is still skittish around new people, and takes to women more easily than she does to men. Amazingly, she likes children. She is almost always wanting to play or cuddle. She sleeps either laying on top of me under the covers at night, or right next to my side.

It's amazing how such a timid little dog who was obviously mistreated can still be so loving and have a HUGE personality!

Some more pictures:

Taking a nap

Her response to the word 'treat'

·
Registered
681 Posts
Oh a Chi for sure and a real cutie as well!
I am so happy for her that she found you! I know what you mean about being like a child to you, my hubby and I are the same way about Calista. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts