Chihuahua People Forum banner

Pictures of our newest darling! (Pic Heavy)

1K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  xxxangelxxx 
#1 · (Edited)
Yesterday my hubby and I came home with a new little darling. Of the three we were given photos of originally Ethan was already adopted by the time we were able to meet her yesterday. So that left Cody, the tri-color, and Nick, the merle.

While Cody was beautiful his personality was not at all what we were hoping for. He was very much a dominant little stinker. Jaelyn's already the dominant in this household so we were hoping for a submissive personality which is exactly what Nick has. Though I think his personality goes deeper than just being submissive.

However she's given us a month to see how well he fits in with Jaelyn and the kitties (and the 2 foster dogs). But my heart has already spoken... Just like with Jaelyn I knew in hours I couldn't give him up. Without further ado... here's our new little boy, Nick. (New name coming at a later date. lol)

See less See more
#3 ·
I love his coloring! He looks a little timid and scared like "what the heck is happening?" Poor little guy. Once he learns where he fits in at your house, I'm sure his little personality will bloom! I'm glad you have fostered so you have lots of good experience with bringing in a new baby and watching them develop. :)

#10 ·
Oh Jesslan, I am so thrilled for you. He is just exquisite. I think his personality will just keep coming out and getting better and better. You have the training to know how to make him feel loved and secure and that will help him open up and get comfortable. Do he and your pumpkin get along okay so far? She'll love having a brother. What about Oliver? Do you keep them separate? I'm really happy for you. Keep us posted as to how things are going and he is stunning and looks so sweet!!!

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you guys! He is so precious. I actually got a wonderful surprise today. He was romping around the room with Jaelyn with his tail high in the air and wagging! It was only for probably 45 seconds, but it's a big start.

The poor little thing... since he arrived when he isn't in our arms he's spent most of the time laying at my feet, under my chair or hiding behind the chair. His tail was down between his legs the entire time until just earlier today.

He's afraid of every new noise from a scrape on the floor to a train in the distance. The only thing he isn't afraid of is cars and traffic. Which is a blessing. It'll take a little time to get him comfortable in our home, but I think his short romp this morning let me know it won't be as long as I feared it might originally. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.