Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick IPhone pics. It looks okay in pics. :lol: It took me all day to make it and the seams were still crooked. :lol:

My sewing career was over before it got started. :lol:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Hey its really not as bad as u think! Lol lets see the underside and I'll let u know if u should rethink ur sewing career :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Rachel & Pige!! :)

Pige, okay. :D It's probably not as bad as I think for my first go at it. But the whole process was just funny. It took me all day. Ripping seams and redoing them, etc. I get a kick out of myself when I try to do things that I'm not that great at. :lol: If nothing else it provided entertainment. :lol:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Ohhhh hahahaha I been thru that,,,,trustttttt me! Esp when I backstitch and the whole project is messed up anyway undoing backctiches are crazy lol but I have a really bright lamp I got just for those types of needin to see clearer type things. It looks great! Except I can see the type of thread ur usin is pilling away. What type is it? The crookedness of ur shirt at the first pics are due to u not pin in along the way lol! Pinning is essential to making ur work come out the best it can be or it could be due to u not holding the fabric while ur sewin or sewing too fast than u can handle. ;) do u backstitch at all?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Pige, Kathleen & Lianne! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhhh hahahaha I been thru that,,,,trustttttt me! Esp when I backstitch and the whole project is messed up anyway undoing backctiches are crazy lol but I have a really bright lamp I got just for those types of needin to see clearer type things. It looks great! Except I can see the type of thread ur usin is pilling away. What type is it? The crookedness of ur shirt at the first pics are due to u not pin in along the way lol! Pinning is essential to making ur work come out the best it can be or it could be due to u not holding the fabric while ur sewin or sewing too fast than u can handle. ;) do u backstitch at all?
I have no clue what kind of thread it is. :lol: It's from the 18th century. ;) :lol: It's been in my Moms sewing stuff for years. Some of the threads are so old that the spool is just those old wooden ones with no labels. :lol: I could barely figure out how to thread the machine up. :lol: As for back stitching, it was back, front and sideways. ;) :lol: It would start going backwards, and I didn't know how to stop it. I'd just stop, rip the seam, and start again. :lol: I truly had no clue what I was doing. That was the second time I had ever sat down to a sewing machine in my life. :lol: First being the age of 14 in home economics class. :lol: I'm 45 now. The machine and all the thread, needles, etc. belong to my Mom. Everyone said I couldn't say I couldn't until I tried. So that was my go at it. The whole experience sucked!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Jessica & Melissa. :) I did give it a try. I'm just not a great seamstress. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much for being kind! :daisy:

·
Registered
563 Posts
LOL...you sound like me when I crochet! I have made about 6 sweaters already and I still undo, redo, rip back into yarn them cuz I cant get it right the first time. You did good the first time and it's pretty. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Ashley & Angie! :)

LOL...you sound like me when I crochet! I have made about 6 sweaters already and I still undo, redo, rip back into yarn them cuz I cant get it right the first time. You did good the first time and it's pretty. :)
I turned an hour project and 2 little bitty pieces of material into a natural disaster. :lol: My whole family got a chuckle out of it. :lol: Don't even get me started on crochet. Hahahaha!!!!! I don't want to even imagine what I'd create. :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you Ashley & Angie! :)

I turned an hour project and 2 little bitty pieces of material into a natural disaster. :lol: My whole family got a chuckle out of it. :lol: Don't even get me started on crochet. Hahahaha!!!!! I don't want to even imagine what I'd create. :lol:
LOL!!! To me a natural disaster it's when the thread comes out in knots and your fabric turned in a fabric ball, and it's stuck in the sewing machine.:confused2::laughing8:

Wonder what will happen to me when I inherit my dad's sewing machine!:confused2::silent:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hahahahaha! u are too funny LMAO! well if its old thread it might be a really cold sewing machine! those things are antiques and harder to thread up than the ones they sell now, mine threads by itself when u put it thru the hole LOL but it takes longer for me to adjust it to do that rather than to thread it myself :) aw home ec....we had to hand sew back then LOL! i made an apple pillow with a green worm coming out i wish i still had it! hahahaha! way to go on trying! lmao ur back, front, sideways stitching paid off :confused2: :D

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL!!! To me a natural disaster it's when the thread comes out in knots and your fabric turned in a fabric ball, and it's stuck in the sewing machine.:confused2::laughing8:

Wonder what will happen to me when I inherit my dad's sewing machine!:confused2::silent:
Hahahahaha!!!! Believe it or not, at one point it was all squished up in a ball stuck in the sewing machine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are anything like me at sewing, runnn!!! :lol: Those sewing machines can be evil, I tell ya! :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts