Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Each to their own and I don't mean to sound rude but why would you do this to your dog?? It just seems totally bizarre to me I can't fathom why anyone would dye and put earrings on their pet :s

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sorry, But What ever next, maybe its my age but why would you want to dye your dog pink , I take it it just washes straight out??
& earrings, well i won`t even go there !!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I might be sticking out my neck here being all new but i can for the life of me not understand why you would ever dye the fur of your dog? The only time i have seen something similar was in an episode of the dog whispere... Mufin looks absolute adorable as she. Sorry for being really harsh with you but...for me a dog is a dog and deserves to live his or her life as a dog. Chihuahua's may be small and cute but they are not toys or acessories. They are and will always be dogs. Respect her nature and treat her as such. I am sure she is a happy dog, she look like it. But please dont colour her pink...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not a fan of dying animals fur, REALLY not a fan of putting earrings on them. Sweet dog though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
its ot hurting her it wont hurt her and it doesnt cause skin allergies - i can guarentee the dog doesnt even KNOW shes pink or she understads is peoples reactions - so if people go OH WOW look a cute pink dog shes gonna be like oh wow how special am i all this attention - if however people go urgh look at that poor creature the poor dog will just think oh crikey what have i done wrong!!!!!
Doesnt have to be what youd do but please dont think it hurts her - this is mild to what some people have done and what ive been asked to do as a dog groomer.my friends poodle is always pink and is never HAPPIER than when we dye her cos she gets so much attention.

·
Banned
51 Posts
its ot hurting her it wont hurt her and it doesnt cause skin allergies - i can guarentee the dog doesnt even KNOW shes pink or she understads is peoples reactions - so if people go OH WOW look a cute pink dog shes gonna be like oh wow how special am i all this attention - if however people go urgh look at that poor creature the poor dog will just think oh crikey what have i done wrong!!!!!
Doesnt have to be what youd do but please dont think it hurts her - this is mild to what some people have done and what ive been asked to do as a dog groomer.my friends poodle is always pink and is never HAPPIER than when we dye her cos she gets so much attention.
Just because it doesnt hurt them and they don't know doesn't make it ridiculous. Sticking earrings on a dog is a joke it's adog they are companions!! Take it for a walk rather that dye it and stick jewellery on it!

It's for attention for the owners that's all a
Pretty selfish move in my opinion! Your dog would appreciate far more a nice walk and play rather than a bunch of hair dye!!

And FYI they could have a reaction... Dogs like humans can react to anything even food products

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not a fan of this either. Why would you spend your time doing this to your dog. She is very cute and sweet, I'm sure she did not enjoy this process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just because it doesnt hurt them and they don't know doesn't make it ridiculous. Sticking earrings on a dog is a joke it's adog they are companions!! Take it for a walk rather that dye it and stick jewellery on it!

Pretty selfish move in my opinion! Your dog would appreciate far more a nice walk and play rather than a bunch of hair dye!!

And FYI they could have a reaction... Dogs like humans can react to anything even food products
first off, it's doggy dye...made for dogs. I didn't get it near her mouth or eyes, she enjoys baths so it didn't bother her. I put the earrings on for the picture, then took them off...they are magnetic. muffin goes on walks every day, we live on a horse farm and she loves exploring. she even has a small dog play group weekly. she eats good food, and isn't abused. some people seriously overreact. it's like you've never seen poodles before, they have this done all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts

hi i didnt say it didnt cause a reaction i said it doesnt cause SKIN ALLERGIEs - two totally different things, i always skin test if asked to do this sort of thing as it absolutely could cause a reaction - in the same way any shampoos coat produts people may use on their pets.

who says the dog doesnt enjoy the attention?? all the dogs ive dyed love being groomed and getting the attention - if a dog hated the process we wouldnt do it :)

its each to their own - i happen to think putting some of these ridiculous flouncy collars on dogs is daft dresses and the such - the dogs know their wearing that!!

i just think if people dont like it fine but dont make the OP feel bad if they like it then good on them as long as there dogs happy then its fine .

·
Banned
51 Posts
first off, it's doggy dye...made for dogs.
Just like loreal and schwarzkopf is made for humans? I've seen girls with their faces 5x its natural size from a reaction to hair dye.

Look, I'm not saying that you abuse your dog in any way, it sounds like she has a lovely life. I'm just not a fan of dying dogs, poodles included :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts