Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Lexi. She's a 4 month old long haired chihuahua. She's white with just a few little chocolate markings. She has the pink eyeliner around her eyes..

I dont see many chihuahuas, even white ones, with the pink. My mom has never met Lexi but has seen her in pictures. She thinks she looks weird and ugly because of her eyes :( It makes me really sad to hear her say that..I love my Lexi and think she is beautiful and unique!

Does anyone else have a chihuahua with pink eye liner instead of the black or brown eyeliner???

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have never seen it but I am not very experienced. I think she is just beautiful and very unique :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I would love to see pics if anyone else has a dog with pink eye liner!!
She is not allergic to her food. The lining around her eyes and inner ears have been just as pink since birth..plus, I think the vibrance from the pic makes it look a little more 'pink' that it actually is. She just doesnt have pigment in that skin.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My first chi had pink around her eyes, very pink ears & a pink nose. As she got older, the pink blended in more or faded. The pics do look like she has an over-abundance of pink around her eyes, but none-the-less, she is adorable!! What a cutie!!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Thanks everyone! I would love to see pics if anyone else has a dog with pink eye liner!!
She is not allergic to her food. The lining around her eyes and inner ears have been just as pink since birth..plus, I think the vibrance from the pic makes it look a little more 'pink' that it actually is. She just doesnt have pigment in that skin.
Ok i was just thinking about it. Amberleah was like that too at birth but got worse as soon as she was put on food. She is adorable.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
She is so pretty in pink, she looks so girlie and sweet. I love her looks.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Personally, I don't think there is such a thing as an ugly dog...especially a puppy. Yours is particularly CUTE. Don't take everything you hear from others to heart...even if it's coming from family, sometimes people don't realize how much their silly little remarks can hurt someone, take it with a grain of salt. My Chanel gets called ugly once in a while, because she's too big for a Chi, her ears are floppy, body is long, etc....honestly I could care less, I'm proud of her, she's courageous, smart, outgoing, extremely sweet, affectionate and very resilient...a true reflection of her owner. I put a lot of work into her, which resulted in a very good girl, she is perfection itself to me. Beauty should come from within, otherwise no matter how generous mother nature was with you, if you are a brat, your looks won't get you far.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She is beautiful! I don't understand why other people think it is okay to criticize dogs. Would they want you critiquing them or their children? No.

Dogs are truly selfless, kind, innocent creatures. They can't be ugly, but yours is especially pretty because she's a chi. Don't let others get to you, they just don't have good taste :)

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thank you LS, that does make since and makes me feel better :) Your right. She is mine and I love her and thats all that matters! I would like to see other chihuahuas like her though...I just cant find any :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
How in the world could anyone consider your baby ugly? She's beautiful!! She looks so sweet!! That lil look on her precious face is heart melting! Some people just have to have negative things to say. Not even realizing how much their words can hurt. :/ I honestly see not one thing ugly about your Angel. :love5: xxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
aww she looks so sweet :) i just did a quick google search and there are quite a few on there with pink around the eyes..you have a cutie there anyway

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
She has a lot of white markings which include her eyes, that is why the skin is not pigmented there. Usually the eyes are one of the places that have colour, even on dogs with a lot of white, so their eye rims are pigmented. Dogs that are white all over, without the white spotting gene that yours has, will have pigmented eye rims too.
I think she is very pretty, and you should be proud of her unique markings.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts