Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was good except for her weight. I am very upset about it. I knew she had gained but did not realize it was so much. Last year she was 8 pounds which was a good weight for her, Today she weighed in at 11 pounds.I do not give people food or any treats and the only thing I have changed is giving dry food (Wellness)with little bit of wet instead of all wet. I guess I am going back to all wet and need to figure out the right calorie amount(234 Kilo calories per day). I hope I don't need a math degree to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
couldn't you just cut back on the amount of dry you feed? Just my opinion but I prefer dry, I feel it's better for the teeth.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
im glad everything came back good, and the weight thing can be managed so try not to worry to much :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dr. said in order for Pinky to lose weight she should consume 234 Kilo calories per day which comes to 117 kilo calories per meal. The can says it contains 1,334 kcal/kg per can. Did I mention how bad I am with math? I thought feeding the dry would help with her teeth too but for the first time she actually had some tartar. Hopefully I can get her back down and get those teeth pretty again.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I was never able to control my dogs weight until I switched to Raw. I have a maltese that has ALWAYS been overweight. I mean...he has always been near the 15 pound mark. He is just now under 9 pounds and looks great. Mia was nearly 9 pounds when I made the switch and at the vet today she weighed a nice 7.1 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts