Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have done all the basic training with Pip and he responds very well to the clicker. Though I still having problems with him mouthing, no matter what I do he still like to bite toes and hands when he wants to play. Any advice or techniques would be great! Thanks. X View attachment 20562

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Honey was still play nipping at 1 - I focused on that again, and 4 months later she hardly does it. I looked up 'be a tree' - so if she bit, I would stand up, cross my arms, totally ignore her. She hates it!

As she nips when excited (normally when we have visitors she likes) she is leashed to her safe spot until she calms down and isn't too excited x

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
We used the replace hands and toes with a toy method starting from when they were pups. When they nip, say ouch in a tone that gets attention, and give them a toy. Do it every time he nips. Worked for us. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Try using "ouch" in a higher pitched voice than you normally use, and stop all play and ignore him for a bit. Try this every single time he does it. Eventually he'll relate it to a negative behavior that you don't approve of. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will give it a go and hopefully fingers crossed it will work :)I tried the yelp and every time I did it he would nip more... He's one Cheeky boy. Thanks guys for the advice I appreciate it. X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts