Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Piper has so far not walked on a leash. I planned that would be the first thing we'd work on when we get spring weather. Today it was warmer here (50 degrees). After she took care of business, instead of wanting to be carried inside my jacket, she just started walking with us. At first, I thought she was following Mickey, but then I realized she stayed right by my leg and stopped and started exactly when I did! She did a perfect heel, our whole walk which was about 1/2 mile. I don't know if Megan trained her or a previous owner, but I am thrilled. Don't worry, I'll still carry her in my jacket when she's cold.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yay go Piper! Now you'll have to get a pic of her enjoying a nice walk next time. I still haven't gotten my Braxton to walk yet. I'm hoping to really work with her in that this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laughing at the thought of me trying to manage 2 chis AND a camera! But I'll try. Snow on the ground today so no walkies today. Too much salt and chemically stuff on the street on days like today.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awww, that's so good that she walks right with you ! I havnt taken Ellie out at all to walk. its been so cold here and we have so much snow, so she is almost 6 months old and has never been on a walk outside. I cant wait till spring so I can take her out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts