Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my mums boarder collie pippi has just started throwing up , we have had problems with her for the last 2 years , she went weeks on end without eating , we finaly got her to eat every other day on bakers -_- , she is now on acana and has been for the last 2 weeks , she loves it! and was eating it , so today at 12 ish i gave her 80g (as i said in my earlier post saynig how proud i was of her) she is throwing up with ONLY that amount , shes ment to have 360g a day! and i was giving her less as she only eats a certain about and she struggled to even eat 80g! well now shes throwing up! im not sure whats wrong with her is it anorexia ? or (not sure if dogs can get) bulima? PLEASEEE help! any suggestions would be helpful! :D

· Registered
786 Posts
I'd keep a really close eye on her today if I were you. Try to give her a little bit of cooked hamburger mixed with white rice. A cup or so. This will settle her stomach, and still get her to eat something.

· Registered
415 Posts
And I would add that if she does continue you will want to take precautions that she does not get dehydrated. I'm not sure of an at home solution, but a vet can give her fluids just under her skin to help. I have had to do that with one of my cats before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.