Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pip is 14wks and i have had him 2 of them im his 2nd mummy from breader ( not good i know) he was free to a good home as he was no longer wanted, when i went to pick him up i went to a nice mid terris house that was cleen and tidy but pip was not he smelled like he had been wrapped in a pee soaked blanket for a wk and the fur he did have was matted, he is a very nurvous dog and frightened of men, when i got him home i wormed him as his tummy was huge and as tight as a drum full of worms i also gave him bath and he looked and seamed to feel alot better for it the next day i had him on my lap and while i was strokong him big clumps of fur was falling out strate down the vets he checked him outand couldnt find anything wrong and put it manly down to stress and poss the shampooso i shaved him down so he was all the same length. he is settling in ok ish other than he pees in his bed and hsppily sleeps in it he is getting better with his house training other than that i dont use papotty pads and he is starting to go to the door when he needs to go poop :) and sometimes pee but he rather do that in his bed for the most part even thou the door is alwas open so he can go outside . He weighs 1 1/2 lb now and has put on weight since i have had him.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
It will take time and a lot of TLC that you're giving him,his little body must be so stressed and he's very tiny,but in time i'm sure he'll make a wonderful pet,i suppose he was so used to peeing anywhere in his last place he knows no different

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I'm so sorry he has had such a horrible start in life. I saw his pics on another thread, and he is a little darling. Like Michele said, I'm sure correct potty training will come in time he just has a lot to overcome, and from the sound of it you are doing everything just right starting with loving and protecting a precious little one that needed you desparately.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
When we first had Harley, he also used to wee in his bed. I wonder if it is an insecurity thing. He had 2 homes before he came to us (not including the breeder) at 4 1/2 months old. He grew out of it, and is mostly clean these days. If he does have an accident it isn't usually in his bed.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hay thanks for your replys he has now taken to pooping under my bed :-(
Oh my . . . you are so good. please give him time. I would make sure he has a safe and comfortable crate to retreat to. poor guy. Thank you for saving him.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Maybe he scared to go outside by himself I would try newspaper or puppy pads he still very young and has to start all over learning the right way to do things. Have patiants he will learn it might help to take him out 10 minutes after he eats and when he wakes up from a sleep and before going to bed for the night. Then when he's outside. Tell him go pee or go poop if your consistant he will soon catch on that he is supposed to poop and pee outside its going to take a bit of work on your part. They are very smart and within a week or so I bet you'll see that he will be asking to go out but you must be consistant its the key

1 - 11 of 11 Posts