Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Am new here have just posted an introduction - but be really nice to hear from other chihuahua people who show ( in the uk) he will be the first chi ive shown, though i do show my yankee really regularly - must say the one thing im most looking forward to is the lack of preparation compared to my yankee who can take up to 4 hours - and hes still not in full coat yet!!

Were off to ringcraft soon as hes finished his jabs - last ones on tuesday coming :D but in the meantime we have been practicising - he free stands nice when im on the floor - in the process of adding the lead now so far so good! he doesnt mind the table either!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I don't show, so I can't help you there. There are a few on here that do, I'm sure they will chime in soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course - the only pic i have so far is one of the first times we tried, so excuse the hands showing him what to do - he free stands okish now so will get someone to take pics soon as i can, hes catching on pretty quick and we have head up and tail up when we practice now cant wait to get him to ringcraft classes!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
He's a cute boy! I show over here in the US and am pretty new at it too I have my first dog about 1/2 way finished. Its different here than there so I can't really offer any specific advice but I think you will love it its a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
it will just be practice, every day pick him up and stack him on your knee, just for a couple of seconds and look in his mouth, tell him he's a good boy. Do that 2 or 3 times a day so he gets used to it.

Try and hold him more under the chin rather than around the throat. This is how I do mine: PARKBOW BOYS - PARKBOW CHIHUAHUAS

What's his breeding by the way?

Good luck and hope to see you around the ring soon then!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hiya yep he free stands now , that pic was the first time hed really had a go hence the hand hold lol! but hes doing well happy to have the lead on etc and happy to stand on table or floor hes a good little lad!

trying to look at your website but my laptop keeps shutting it down? will try again later!

popeyes breeding is mainly veejim and natimuk with some dachidas a little further back :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts