Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody do this?? I was on another forum the other day and it seemed not many people did this as they were worried it would make the dog show less restraint with biting, jumping up, etc. I have always playfought with Heidi and she totally loves it.
I usually lay on the sofa and she bounces up and down on my chest (LOL!!:D), runs down to my legs and back up all the while baring her teeth and emiting blood curdling growls and snarls. She loves attacking my hand and although she looks viscious she has never caused even a tiny mark. (also at the command "kiss, kiss!" she will stop instantly and lick my face!)

Anybody else playfight??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I do, but i think its a dog by dog basis if you should or not. if your dog is prone to biting or acting defensive in situations i would not reccomend play fighting, as it does tend to send mix signals, not to mention guests might not know the difference between fear biting and play biting.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Yes I playfight with both my girls. Britney hates when I use both my hands to "squish" her face, she bites me. I do the same thing to Butter with one hand and she'll bite me and then apologize at the same time because she immediately licks me LOL. It's just playing around for us, they have never violently bit me or anyone else.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Neeci loves it. She has since she was a little puppy. We have to initiate it though. Ellie doesn't get into it. She just rolls over to have her belly rubbed. Chloe is still so young that she just loves all attention and everything is a game. She is still in that chewing faze anyways.

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Yoda"

I "play fight", with my little man, "Yoda" (he is almost 2, in human years)! He loves to play!

God bless!
Tamara
:boxing:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lola rolls over on her back and i rub her tummy and give her a little shake, she loves it!! also if i blow on her she goes mad and runs around and starts barking at me with her tail wagging! she also trys to bite me but its the gentle (im playing) bite!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't play fight with Lavender, but she loves to roll over on her back and get her tummy and chest rubbed. She will put her teeth on my hands very gently with such a sweet look on her face. It's her version of a kiss. No growling or snarling, just a gentle touch. She's such a girly girl, very sweet and loving, full of fun and affection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i play fight with bella, and the rest of our dogs. all super friendly and always boucing, growling and teeth bared in such a friendly way. honestly i'm more scared of my chi hurting me accidently than i am of my pit bull lol. i have a video on my facebook with bella and our pit bull stewie playing together. she gets pretty vicious biting and pulling his face. she loves to be treated like a big dog. my fiance and i joke all the time that the reason bella is so attached to stewie other than the rest of our dogs is because deep down she's a pit bull too. she even plays tug with her little toys with him, he's so gentle always letting her win and knows that to play with her he has to be laying down so he army crawls everywhere because she never stays in the same place for long. lol adorable. they even look like twins ;)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lol Omg my girls love play fight. Like you said as soon as I say "Kisses" they know to calm it LOL even though they aren't ever out of control, more I am too slow to handle two attacking me LOL. They gang up on me when I put both my hands out like a claw and trying to get them! ugh! They go nuts and have so much fun then they attack each other (Friendly) and start rolling around lol It's too cute! I know some people take it too far and they get their dogs too wild and then they can't control them and then "they" get mad at the dog but when it's all in fun and you can control it and it's FUN for both parties then I don't see a issue with it lol I think it's cute when they growl and jump and flip lol

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
i always playfight with my girls, and when we get rougher the girls get rougher. tey love a play fight and to bite me but they never hurt me ad when they do the lick me to apologize then play again. BUT with all my nieces and nephews running aorund and pulling their hair or pushing them about getting in their faces, they NEVER even attempy to snap at the kids. x

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
We do this with Gracie, and both may instigate the play fighting. Gracie loves to wrestle around and play, and my husband is constantly giving her 'zerberts' on her belly in the midst of all the chaos! That makes her really crazy, but she loves it and will roll over for him to do it!

With Pedro, we always let him be the instigator. He has had problems in the past with fear biting, so we want him to make sure and realize the difference.

Don't you love that silly psycho look they get when you're playing with them and it looks like they're looking over your head or anywhere other than at your face?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We do it to a degree but my husband is starting to change Chibi a bit with it so I have told him to stop.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
We do play fighting with Draco...we call it tiger fighting...we don't allow any biting at all though. He just likes to rear up and bat at us with his paws...we also tap the floor in front of him and he "attacks" our hands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts