Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
P-Nut's body looks like Bosco's...and our vet said he had to lose weight too. I'd probably cut P-Nut's food intake down just a little bit just to ensure she doesn't get any bigger. It is SO HARD to get a dog to lose weight!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boogaloo said:
P-Nut's body looks like Bosco's...and our vet said he had to lose weight too. I'd probably cut P-Nut's food intake down just a little bit just to ensure she doesn't get any bigger. It is SO HARD to get a dog to lose weight!
The vet told me she needs to lose about 2lbs! For such a small little dog that is a lot of weight! I do not feed her much at all... just one scoop of the Royal Canin Chihuahua mini 28. How much do u feed Bosco??? She loves her greenies too :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
P-Nut looks fine to me. My vet told me we should watch Brooke doesn't put on any more weight (only after I asked her opinion) but not that she needs to lose any, although I think she maybe needs to trim down just a little. 2lbs does sound excessive tho' for a little chi. :wave:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
she looks healthy to me... i mean you don't want her to be stick thin, i wouldn't let her gain much more though. But she looks fine to me.. scoot is a little chubby too.. he is a little piglet. :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
She doesn't look overweight in the pictures. My vet told me Cooper needed to lose some too...I don't know what to think about that...but I guess they know best :roll: :wink:

btw, P-Nut is such a cute chi!!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
ow my a whole 2lbs? That like loosing a chi altogether, some chis weight 2 lbs. How much does P-nut weigh/ I think she looks perfect and can see a roll on her anywhere!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stefanie_farrell said:
ow my a whole 2lbs? That like loosing a chi altogether, some chis weight 2 lbs. How much does P-nut weigh/ I think she looks perfect and can see a roll on her anywhere!!!! :)
She is a solid 6.5-7.5 pounds I think... she was 6.5 not too long ago but is feeling a little heavier :) I never thought she was "obese", just healthy :( It is soooooo hard to get a small dog to lose weight- she does not eat that much!

I feel a lot better hearing what you all have had to say on this... I just want to maximize her healthieness so we do not have any complications and so that she lives a long life.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
P-Nut said:
stefanie_farrell said:
She is a solid 6.5-7.5 pounds I think... she was 6.5 not too long ago but is feeling a little heavier :) I never thought she was "obese", just healthy :( It is soooooo hard to get a small dog to lose weight- she does not eat that much!

I feel a lot better hearing what you all have had to say on this... I just want to maximize her healthieness so we do not have any complications and so that she lives a long life.
If shes 6.5 Id say take her down to the 6, but evan 6.5 is not big or weighty!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i can't really tell by the pictures. it's more of a hands on test. feel her body, you should be able to feel her ribs and backbone slightly (not be able to actually count each one) but just feel that there are bones there. and you shouldn't have to press in real hard to feel them just slightly. try this little test, it's cute and fun :)

http://www.dogage.com/reg/regassess.aspx

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper says "hubba hubba"!!! :shock: :shock: He likes his women with a little meat on them! :lol:

She's not overweight... she's healthy.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
LOoking at her picture she doen't look heavy.. she looks good...

I just did the rib test on Gadget and I can feel each rib and I wasn't even pressing that much..... To look at him he doesn''t look too skinny... hmm... the vet thinks hes fine...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
She looks just fine to me but I wouldn't let her gain any weight either. Lily's body tapers in just after the ribs, like where her waist would be. It doesn't look as though P-Nut tapers in at all and maybe that's what the vet is seeing. Does P-Nut get enough exercise? It doesn't sound like she eats too much so maybe some longer walks, etc.

I've attached a pic that kinda shows where Lily tapers in. But you know what I mean. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts