Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is the story... last night i was busy doing something and there was a pillow on the floor, Tofu got a hold of it and i'm sure he humped it b/c when i turned around i saw Tofu's penis and i apresumed his testicles came out. yes the whole way out. i was about to faint. it was the worse thing i've ever saw. i was a going to take him to an E-Vet, but as i scramble around i noticed that it was going back in. i then waited out for a little while longer and it completely went back in. Tofu went to his crate and felt asleep in there. i'm still observing him now and then. My concern is that he was neutered awhile back, and i thought the procedure was to take out the testicles, but then i saw what i think was his testicle, so i don't know what was that's all about. can someone educate me on this? maybe i'm over reacting, or the vet didn't do it right. if so i'll call them first thing tomorrow. i always thought that after the neutered there shouln't be any testicles left.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I'm going to assume that your talking about bumps on either side of his penis that are more in the body of the dog and NOT the sacks where the testicles were.
I forget what those bumps are called, but yes they are suppose to be there. They are seperate from the testicles. The testicles are where the sperm is made and held until needed. I think the bumps are where the fluid that carries the sperm is made.
If you are still concerned, call your vet. But I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That happened to Smiffy and we had to take him to the vets to put it back in place....ouch and he never cried once.
Is he ok now?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the bumps are NOT his testicles, the bumps are a strong muscular mass that encorges when "excited" just like the rest of the penis does. its generally nicknamed the knott and is what hold the male inside the female during the TIE in their mating.
Usually the knott will only be fully exposed when there REALY getting into it, but it is normal, and nothing to worry about. its 100% natural and nothing to worry about unless it doesnt recede within about 1/2 hour. the flesh of the penis is very sensitive and too much air exposure can dry it out if after 1/2 hour its still not receded you can apply a little vasaleen then give it about 15 mins of calm time, if after that hes still fully exposed its time to go to the vet as he could get a bactrerial infection.

but otherwise its 100% normal, one of the quirks of having a boy and YES does happen after a neuter, whiel the number of occurances should be reduced after a neuter, it basically means the plumming is just disconected, everything else works fine, he just cant get a female pregnant.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you so much everyone. tofu is doing good now. believe me, i was going to passed out when i turned around and saw it. i've never seen anything like that before. it happened around midnight. i had to wake up my boyfriend and make him drive us to the vet, but he said he seen stuff like that before(his family used to own dogs when he was young) and it will recede. the funny thing was that the tip of the penis didn't go in the whole way, and i was scare to touch it, afraid it would hurt Tofu, my boyfriend had to help fold the skin over. that's he's assign job from now on :) guess it's a guy thing ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im not too sure about helping to fold the skin over, i would have just left it, and im sure it would have went away on its own!!

i have a good thing to do wen they have their lipstick out, my bf`s sister has a chihuahua and his was out and out of the blue his nephew sed "shake him" they picked up teddy the chi and gave him a litttle shake and it went away, we were in stitches laughing, now i do "shake him" wenever mylo does it lol.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The same thing happened with my 2 year old neutered chi. I had my husband call the vet...I felt too embarrassed....and she said that it was normal, that he would just be "shooting blanks"! So....its normal!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sam85 said:
Im not too sure about helping to fold the skin over, i would have just left it, and im sure it would have went away on its own!!

i have a good thing to do wen they have their lipstick out, my bf`s sister has a chihuahua and his was out and out of the blue his nephew sed "shake him" they picked up teddy the chi and gave him a litttle shake and it went away, we were in stitches laughing, now i do "shake him" wenever mylo does it lol.
we waited for awhile, but then it took hours and it didn't go in. the reason it didn't is b/c the skin outside and his "lipstick" is also dry. i just feel so bad for him walking around with that sticking out and afraid he might get bacterial infection so we had to help him a little. i assumed that shaking them would scare them... i never thought of that. that's what we get for having a boy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sam85 said:
i dont mean pick him up and shake his brains out. jus a little shake as u pick him up!! lol
i know what you mean ;)
from now on no more squishy pillow for the man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts