Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really really really worried about gizzy!!! his nose is dry and he wont drink unless its outta my hand and he's always hot on the belly!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PLEASE him me!!! :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Hey any improvement with the little guy :( did u try the icecubes?? it might work otherwise my only other recommendation is goats milk.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right well me n my dad took him to the vet this morning at 9. He had his injection and he weighs 2lbs :lol: he went off me for an hour till i gave him a treat! but i asked her about the drinkin situation and she said that chihuahuas dont really drink often and they get moist from there food. I put flea stuff on him and the cat and there was loads!!! like omg! :shock: then we were givien some worm stuff to put in his food. He goes back ro the vets in 2 weeks time, his belly isnt as hot as it was and his nose it cold n wet now lol. I think im just a worrying idiot and with the worry my rash has come back great init! :wave: :roll:

Luv Kat and gizzy x x x

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's great that everything's ok! I've noticed Tank doesn't drink a whole lot of water either. I worry about it sometimes.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Good to hear your little man is doing ok :)
How old is he ?

My boys both drink quite a lot , but I think that's because they
just have to be the same lol , if one does something the other
one has to too ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When Cooper was a puppy, he had a hard time learning how to drink from a bowl because the breeder had used the bottles you see in rabbit cages. Once he figured it out, he drank all the water he could hold... then he moved up to filtered water... then bottled... then coffee... then beer.

He wants to try whiskey but I won't let him. :lol:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I'm SO glad he seems to be better. I know I worry over every little thing :roll: Auggie doesn't seem to drink much water either unless he has been doing zoomies and it is so hot I always think he isn't dinking enough

·
Registered
305 Posts
Chihuahua doesn't drink very much at all. She does like to shove all her toys in the water bowl and watch them swim/float around. She'll put everything in the water bowl when I'm not at home! :banghead: It used to drive me crazy but now I've just accepted it and added more toys into the dog toy rotation so the wet ones can dry out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Guinevere wouldn't drink much either when I first brought her home (worried me something awful) then I bought her a constant flow (circulates and filters the water) and the little miss priss drinks so much now that I have to refill the thing about every other day, lol. I also keep a water bottle (like you would use for a hamster, only bigger, lol) in her kennel so she has options. Its all about her :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
So your pup had lots of fleas?? Fleas can actually drain a tiny dog of blood and kill it. I'm not kidding. Maybe that's why he wasn't feeling so well.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_flea_anemia.html

Ask your vet if he has any Capstar. It will kill all of the fleas on your pets within hours and give you some time to find a way to get rid of the fleas in your home. Also, any dog or cat who has fleas likely also has tapeworm. That is because they eat a flea and get tapeworm from that. Ewww. I know, but it is important that you know all of this.

Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts