Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm one of shadows mammies. we were wondering is she a full breed chi.. u can see pictures of her on my profile. any help would be really greatfull ive been trying to see if she full breed for a over a year. got her as a gift and my mother knows notting bout dogs so she doesnt no. i ask my vet and he said he doesnt no. and was quite rude about it. lease please help and tell me is she full breed or not? :) :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
She definitely looks like a full bred chi, you can always have the vet do a DNA test just to be sure, but its my best guess that yes, she is. How much does she weigh? generally a chi wont be over 6 lbs, although there is always exceptions to rule.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
All I see is Chi! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol wow! she does look like my Dexter!!!! just a tad different in color! i've always met guy lookalikes but not a girl, how excitin! :D and she does look full chi to me. maybe ur vet was just having a bad day

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep, looks like a pure Chihuahua to me alright. I wouldn't mind your Vet, sometimes they can get pretty grumpy with me too. I have no idea why.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yeah, she definitely LOOKS like a chihuahua. But fact is, without an actual pedigree (where you have proof of lineage) or the DNA test there's no real way to know for sure. Being labeled a "chihuahua" and actually having the documentation to prove it are very different things, lol. None of mine have proof; so while I do call them 'chihuahuas' I don't call them "purebred" since I can't prove it either way.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The commercial DNA tests can be fun, but not as accurate as the vet. Finn tested 100% Chi three generations back. I didn't know what he was. I didn't know about long hair Chis. I just took him home so he wasn't killed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the reply's, we got in contact with the seller. ad she said she's 3/4 chihuahua and 1/4 terrier??? is this possible??? sounds odd to us. what ye think?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can i also ask ye two other questions since ye have been so helpful.. Shadow is our first dog and she has a habit of humping thing for no reason before and after she's been nurtured is there any reason for this?? and also i asked for small dog flea does and only realised when i got home the vet gave me medium dose does it matter if i give it to her or not? its flea dose for back or neck. not a tablet????

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Wait! don't give the bigger dose of flea preventative! take it back and get the one for
her weight :)

humping--can be a sign of dominance...

3/4 Chi and 1/4 terrier: One parent is a Chi, One is half Chi half Terrier...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thank you v much. ya that great I want her full chi my partner wants her half terrier haahahaha. but could i give her half the flea dose? cost me €40 for 6?? i only a student and cant really get back into the vet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts