Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am writing this for help as im very concerned and dont know the next step to take when i brought britney and paris she gave me there pedigree papers and said she would forward me the kc papers which i didnt mind as thats what i did with jake and thought it was all above board iv been trying to ring her for three days non stop and no answer iv just rang the kennel club to see if the pups were registered and the lady checked and said no as she should never have bred that litter this year she also said that the breeder would be able to register them though i really am not sure what to do i am going to wright her a letter now but what do i say how do i sort this i love the pups now and could not part with them but they cost so much £££££££ i at least want some money back as i got them for showing and no papers no showing!!! im at my wits end please help

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
O dear that is awful!

My Bella wasn't registred but her breeders just did not pay for the registration so I have to pay £££60 quid to get her registerd but thats fine because its worth it!!!

I am so so sorry about your breeders sneakyness!!
What is her name????

Oh and also def some money back!!!

Love Zoe, Bella , Jack and Chico

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
OMG that is terrible, I would give trading standards or someone a call as they were sold awaiting KC registration and they dont even have it :shock: I dont know if thery will help or give citizens advice a ring just too see what you are entitled too, do you have anything written down or a copy of the ad saying that they will be KC registered , if not its your word against hers :( how much did you pay for them ?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luckily enough iv spoken to kennel club and they say give her til tuesday to answer phone or reply to a letter iv just sent special so i know if its been signed for then go to citizens advice good thing is she gave me a letter saying she would forward papers to me so kennel club said to give them that and they they will deal with it i paid 1200 for both which is a lot for non papered dogs now im paniking and am very worried and even if i do get my money back not sure if iv enough room now for another to show and thst what i really wanted to do oh!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
even if i do get my money back not sure if iv enough room now for another to show and thst what i really wanted to do oh!
what do you mean ? confused again :?

wow I paid 600 for lily a year ago and she isnt papered i dont think 1200 for 2 chis is too bad , alot are going for 800-900 without papers anywya, but i definately agree with you she told you they were KC so you want KC :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a paid £50 for tyke with no papers i just feel like i have been tricked into this situation i could of gone and got two chis with no papers for half the price i paid and i was told that they were papered and there is no need to lie when you are selling pups its not fair !

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which is fine coz you knew you were getting a non papered chi but i was told different and i wouldnt normally mind im stil gonna love them just the same but i am a very keen shower and wanted a show dog as well as pets

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I hate to sound negative hun but if you wanted above board show dogs I personally would have gone on a show kennel waiting list, After all for a good show dog I would have been willing to wait but thats just me.

But I dont think u paid over the odds for them and you'll love them just the same :)

Sarah

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hiya i tried going on show waiting list but didnt have any luck most werent happy about selling to some1 that hasnt been showing for years and like i said yes i love them to bts and wouldnt part with them now but its the being lied to that bothers me there was four in the litter so its not just me this has happened to and like i said i went into it looking for a show pup and was told thats what my babies were and i was really looking forward to showing paris!

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and now i really dont have a clue what to do i have got to wait for a bit to see if i get any answer form the breeder then if not i will go to citizens advice and they said coz i have that letter it all stands in my favour and they should have never been advertised as kc pups

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Weird I was offered a place on the lists and it's my parents who show not me, I always found actually meeting them at shows and getting to know the breeders at shows helps a lot when it comes to getting a show dog. I'm so sorry this happened to you honey :( I can only hope it can all be sorted out.

I would try speaking to a few of the top kennels though if you still want a show pup most can be very reasonable if they think you're dedicated.

Sarah

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know that now when i first started looking it was by phone and its understandable that most people arnt happy by letting pups go when they have not met you and now iv started showing iv met lots of breeders and was offered a show pup but didnt except as thought i had two! i do also think i was so keen i rushed into it a bit but like i say i love them to bits im just so gutted that this has happened the kennel club said she can register them but without talking to her i cant sort anything out wish they would answer!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i'm so sorry to hear this ........

you can get them registered ...... 60 pound is not that much......

cosmo costed me 650 pound too...not registered .........

kisses nat

·
Registered
696 Posts
dont wanna sound all funny or out but really the price you piad is very good with or with out papers thats how much im looking to pay for a pup this yr i got saskia 3 months ago for 80 pounds with out papers but shes not a pup shes older. i would seriously go back to the person myself instead of calling and sending letters becosue face to face you may get more of the truth out of her. did you really look into this person before buying from her? hope your problems get sorted though.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hiya i know its stil prob a good price but thats really not the point i wouldnt of minded paying extra for kc pups and thats what i was told i was getting so obviously i thought it was a good deal i really hope this gets sorted as well as im at my wits end i no some people prob wont agree as showing is not everything and i know that but i went into this looking for a show pup and have been lied to im hoping she will register them as kc said she can but apparently she has been breeding the bitch way to much so fingers crossed all goes well!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would give it till the signed reciept comes back to you once you know she recieved it then give it a day or so . If you hear nothing then Put a Buyer beware up about her to let others know so they wont purchase from her. only way to hit someone is in the pocket. Is there like a smal claims court there? Maybe if you post a buyer beware people that have had the same thing happen to them will contact you and you can all exchange letters and such and come at her full force. Misrepresentation of what she is selling maybe its a good idea to put up a specific place here to list strictly buyer beware unresolved issues so people will stay clear of those types of breeders but dont do it on one persons say so. jeeze from now on Im getting references to make sure whom has sold pups have given the papers to the buyer

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hiya yes if i dont hear anything by tuesday i am going to citizens advice and if nothing else works then i will go to a small claims court thanks for everyones advice i just really have a dream of my own show dogs and in the future breeding and i wanted them kc registered iv even applied for my affix and everything and intend on doing everything properly and this has really messed it all up

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Well if the parents are KC then you should be able to register them for 60£ thats what I am doing with my Bella. However I am not sure if she wasn't supposed to have this litter!!

I do really hope everything works out. It must be such a blow I can understand.

I would really like to know the name of this breeder (pm pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
Its good you have steps organised wishing for ya!!!

xxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 38 Posts