Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm so scared that somthing is wrong with my lil baby...i noticed yesterday that her skin (it used to be pinkish) is starting to darken. it's getting very dark around her thighs and her ears and on her stomach. the only thing that she has been doing differently lately is spending alot of time outside, and also we recently got another puppy, it is a pit bull and they play together a lot, but that's it. she hasn't been acting different, and she hasn't been scratching or anything, but it's just soo dark...i am so worried please help me if you know anything about this...

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Is she still a puppy?
Chis do go through a skin color change, I think it is somewhere around 3 to 4 months. I don't remember exactly.
If your puppy isn't showing any signs of distress, excesive itching or hair loss, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Mention it to your vet on the next visit.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Could it be sunburn?
Is the other dog getting a little rough?
She seems a little too old for the skin color change.
But she's not itching or anything.
I would call your vet tomorrow and ask them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I dont really have any advice about the color But I hope its nothing to worry about. Its funny seeing you type Lexie poo cause my cats name is lexie and i call her lexie poo sometimes .

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi and welcome..hope that you like the sight.
All of my chis skin has changed color from that nice pink color to more a a gray/brown color. They each have done it at different times. The first chi I got was black and when her pink skin started to change color I was shocked. But all of them do it at some time. The places that it is most noticeable is the ears and belly, but it is under the hair, too. As long as yours is not itching or has a rash, I would think that it is a normal occurance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MY chi Izzy is 7 months old her skin colour started to change about 12 weeks old now she is dark skinned and patchy on all her under neath especially on arm pits
.Her coat has only darkend very slightly.
The vet said this was normal hope this helps but if your worried I would take her for a check up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts