Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite new to Chihuahua owning and training and I need a few things but seeing as how I am a newbie I don't really know exactly what items to get.

As of right now I need about 2 very small chew toys. I can't find any nonplush chew toys small enough for her. I needs something like the size of the extra small kong.

I also need to get a bag that I can carry Sky around in when I want to take her out with me. I'm not much of the Paris Hilton rhinestone collar and bag type. I like messengers in neutral colors. I do like pink but nothing too glittery and cheap looking.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions thank you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've made knot or braid toys for my dogs. Use fleece or upholstry remnates from the fabric store. They would be soft but no stuffing. Pamperedpuppy.com has tons of things, I wouldn't pay the prices some times but would give you ideas of brands to search cheaper places out.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Can you remind me her age and size so that I do not suggest inappropriately?
My girls are avid chewers. They really LOVE antlers. Elk and deer. They also used to love Nylabones (non edible) but now that they have adult teeth I have stopped giving them because I do not want them eating them.
My girls are about 3.5 to 4 pounds and they do great with most chew stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the suggestions everybody. I will definitely be making her a toy as it is difficult to find one for her. I just hope I make a safe toy!

Jesuschick (I like your username btw :D) she is almost 9 months now and she weighs a little under 3.5 lbs. I would say 3.3 or 3.25 pounds. She won't grow anymore I don't think. She isn't cobby, she is average height for her weight I'd say.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My chis like loofa toys, nylabones, knit knacks toys and they don't mind other soft plush toys. They hate the sort of cheap plastic squeaky ones, I think mainly because they smell of plastic. They sniff it and leave it.
I have many types of carriers, but the majority of them are not messenger type ones you are looking for.
The only messenger style bags I have are the Cuddle dog carrier bag from susan lanci and I also have 3 vintage bitch carriers (they are soooo comfy for the dogs and I really recommend them!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts