Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor girl Penny has been diagnosed with a Grade 3 (approx) Heart Murmur! Thank the lord we caught it early, we started her on her medication from the vets today.
We noticed Penny had been panting slightly more than usual in the evening, so we took her up to the vet. Penny does pant quite often, when she is in the car, or out on some trip or a longer than normal walk, but that's just a habit.
Penny is 9 years old, and we have had her 3 years and a bit, so I knew she wouldn't be with us as long us our first Chi, Cosmo, who is 6 and who we have had since he was three weeks old.
But to hear that... I've been so worried since yesterday, when one vet diagnosed her. So we went to another for a second opinion, and it was true.
The vet said the Heart Murmur was probably caused by the amount of puppies she has had from her previous owner (breeder). Penny has had no puppies with our other Chi Cosmo, and has been relaxing and loving life in our house.
Penny has had many litters, and in her last, a litter of ten (although not all puppies survived) she had to get a Cesarean Section which left a scar of course, but has never caused her problems until now. And before this, she has always been an active, healthy Chi. She remains active, and her normal self really apart from a little more evening panting.
We have contacted a Cardiologist for an appointment, because he is fully booked via vet at the moment, and we really need her seen as quick as possible, and he is based not far from our home.
I will update on this, but I really need some help!
Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone experienced this before with a pet? I would really appreciate advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone!
I was just playing with Penny, and she seems normal. Playful, smart, loving... That's Penny! :)
Penny should be seen by a Cardiologist by next week, maybe sooner. I am trying to be optimistic, and thanks for helping.
My boy Cosmo is getting a little jealous, but he knows why Penny is getting extra special attention. I'm giving him lots of special attention and love, too.
I'll post updates. Thanks again. <3

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Penny Update

Hello everyone!
Thanks again for all the help :)
I'm sorry I haven't updated you for a while- I've been really busy with Christmas and the New Year! I should be on more during Summer as it's not a very busy time for me.
Penny was seen be a Cardiologist and the results were a relief! She told us that Penny has a very mild Heart Murmur and that she doesn't even require any medication!
Penny has been doing great and is back to her old self- if she ever changed!
I'll keep you posted as often as I can.
Thanks everybody!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.