Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
Quark as now thowen up 7 times and the first time it was like a brown sludge and not its like white bubbley bile I dont know what to give him and what to do for him he has black gums so i cant tell if he is dehydrated.. any suggestions as to what i can do for him?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Poor Quark. :( I would fast him. No food until in the morning. Get you some Pedialyte, and give him a few syringes at a time, very slowly. Do this every hour or so, so that he doesn't get dehydrated. I would try his regular food in the AM, but not a full portion. Try about half. I would gradually over 24 hours increase his food back to normal intake. You can give him a bit of honey too. : )

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
The gums will look "sticky" if he is dehydrated. Take his skin on the back of his neck, lift up and let go quickly. If it snaps right back, he isn't dehydrated.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gums will look "sticky" if he is dehydrated. Take his skin on the back of his neck, lift up and let go quickly. If it snaps right back, he isn't dehydrated.
thank you :) he isnt dehydrated and now he is sleeping. Ugh i am just so worried about him :(

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
How is Quark doing? I have been thinking about him.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hoping that Quark is feeling better today!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for your kind words.... Quark is doing a lot better today :) he hasnt thrown up since yesturday and ate his breakfast with no issues :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yay Quark!! So happy he is feeling better! : )

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
:hello1: So glad he is feeling better

Thank you everyone for your kind words.... Quark is doing a lot better today :) he hasnt thrown up since yesturday and ate his breakfast with no issues :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts