Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chico has reverse sneezing and I know what an episode of that is like, but just now he started having alike a "mini" reverse sneezing fit...it wasn't loud and he wasnt honking, it was just like he was struggling to breathe in air through his nose...what could it be? should i call an emergency vet?

i have 2 cats...could he be allergic to them seeing as he's small and so close to the carpet? i'm like freaking out over here. he is eating and drinking and still playing and stuff, and i gave him a little benadryl...i just dunno what is happening to him.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to say i called the vet and she told me to give him 12.5 mg of benadryl so i did and he stopped. the vet said its allergy season and he is being affected by it. i also can't open up my back door anymore because there is an olive tree right there that hangs over my balcony and we're all starting to get allergic to it.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i hope chico's ok now ?? cosmo has the reverse sneezing thing too and it always freaks me out ...it's like he's suffocating or something :? but after a few seconds it's already over .

is it an olive tree from your garden ? if it's not you can maybe try townhall and ask to let it removed or maybe only the branches that hang over your balcony ...i bet if their are health issues they might have a hearing to it ?

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he does have reverse sneezing, but it wasn't like the reverse sneezing episodes he has had in the past...i've never heard him like he was tonight before. it was like a "mini" reverse sneezeing episode, only it wasn't loud and he wasn't honking...it sounded like he was struggling to breathe through his nose. it was happening for about 10 minutes, but it felt like forever because it really scared me and i started freaking out...thank goodness my husband was here and stayed calm. i get scared very easily when it comes to my baby.

i called his vet and she said its allergy season and he's most likely being affected by it. she told me to give him 12.5 mg of benadryl and he should be fine. so i did and he's all better now. :D

about the olive tree...i live in an apartment on the second floor, and the tree is right there and some of its branches hang over my balcony...which really sucks because i can't have my sliding glass dorr open with the screen shut because particles from the tree fly in and it makes us all sneeze. we'll be moving out of here in about 2 months so i'm not going to worry about it...it probably would take 2 months just for them to get out here and cut it down :shock: chico is better now...thanks for the concern nat :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Phew its always awful whenthey have a fit like that I cant be in the room if my 2 get it I really panic- when its happening have you tried picking them up and rubbing their throat and talking calmly - it will soon stop :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually sit on the floor with him and gently massage his throat and chest and he stops after a few seconds of that. i was just so freaked tonight because i've never seen him have an episode like that. usually he's really loud. i thought something was wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts