Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all please help me some nasty woman came up to me today and asked what mojo was when i told her he was a lg chi she said me might be a cross but hes not a pure bred very upsetting as i have paperwork for him and he looks like any other chi xx x just to put my mind at ease will you look at pics of him and let me know xxxxxxx

·
Registered
573 Posts
Lacey comes from champion long-coated chihuahua bloodlines and there is no chance of her being a mix. Yet, whenever we are in public, someone never fails to come up and INSIST she is a cross between a papillion and a chihuahua. I know how frustrating that can be!
If you post pictures of Mojo somewhere, I'm sure the wonderful members on this board will be able to assist you. Even if he *is* a mix, you wouldn't love him any less, right? :) Random people in the street don't necessarily know breeds of dogs; they just go by what they know, which usually isn't very much. Relax, hun!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wouldnt hun i love him to bits xxxxxx i have a album in my profile xx it just hurt that instead of just saying hi or just not saying anything she just had to say something nasty xxxx some people huh xxxxx

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Many people are not familiar with long coat Chis. When we went to get Rocky, my mom and sister didn't even know that they could come with long coats! Maybe people just don't know that they can have long coats. I wouldn't worry, but if it will put your mind at east post some pics and I'm sure we could tell you.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Don't worry about what other people have to say. My mom has a twelve lb chi, and her vet has assured her that he is a full blood, there are still people who don't believe that he is. They insist he is a mix. You know, and so does the papers you have on him. I know it hurts, but sometimes its just best to smile and nod, all the while your thinking "stupid lady doesn't know what she's talking about".

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Looks just like a full blooded one to me!Some people are just so negative!If it will make you feel better,your babys picture looks identical to my Maggies as a baby.Now look at Maggies pic as an adult.You have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hi all please help me some nasty woman came up to me today and asked what mojo was when i told her he was a lg chi she said me might be a cross but hes not a pure bred very upsetting as i have paperwork for him and he looks like any other chi xx x just to put my mind at ease will you look at pics of him and let me know xxxxxxx
I just added a picture of Maggie as a baby,hope this helps you

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my husband just burst out laughing and she walked off with her nose in the air i couldn't help it lol xx i just looked at the pic so alike xxxxxx hes really fluffy a little cutie pie xxxx

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
People have very strange ideas..one time a lady came up to my car ...Bella was sitting on my lap and she was asking about Bellas age etc...then she said " how much does she weigh ?' and I said " 4 lbs 5 ozs " ( she had just been to the vet ) she look astonished and said " that dog weighs at least ten pounds ! " I held Bella up and said..really..you think this little girl weighs ten pds ???? and she said " I certainly do, thats a big chihuahua " you just have to laugh...but I have to say, even after all these years it still sort of irritates me LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.