Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

On Saturday we got our second chi, Oreo, who is about 11 weeks old. Everything with her has been fine...she is very active, loves to eat, etc. At first her and Baby (my first chi, who is about 10 months), didn't get along because Baby would always growl at Oreo, but now they are playing together fine and they seem to like each other.

This afternoon, Baby threw up and she threw up a second time not too long ago. Also, she has pooped about 2 times and it has been a bit watery.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong with Baby? Baby is fully vaccinated, so would it be possible that she caught anything off of my new pup (Oreo has only had her first set of shots)? Oreo doesn't seem to be sick at all, she isn't throwing up or anything.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that she isn't eating or drinking (but she last ate around noon, and it is about 8pm now), and she has just been resting.

Is there anything I can do to get her to stop vomitting?

Any advice?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'm praying it isn't parvo. even if they are vaccinated against it at 11 weeks old she isn't fully vaccinated, i believe there should be one more round of vaccines.... prayers for your baby.......please keep us updated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luv4mygirls said:
i'm praying it isn't parvo. even if they are vaccinated against it at 11 weeks old she isn't fully vaccinated, i believe there should be one more round of vaccines.... prayers for your baby.......please keep us updated.

I'm not sure if you are confused, but it is my dog Baby who is sick and she has had all her vaccines (she is 10 months). Is it likely she could have parvo anyways? And would it be likely she could catch it from my 11 week old puppy who has had one round of shots?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but I hope it is not parvo and that baby is ok. please let us know what the vet says and positive thoughts to you and baby :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
czarina said:
luv4mygirls said:

I'm not sure if you are confused, but it is my dog Baby who is sick and she has had all her vaccines (she is 10 months). Is it likely she could have parvo anyways? And would it be likely she could catch it from my 11 week old puppy who has had one round of shots?

:oops: oh i'm so sorry it got a little hectic here when i was reading your thread and i must have misread it. how embarrassing.... whats the vet say? cause now i'm at a loss.... unless it's worms (giardia and coccidea have been known to cause gi upset like you described...)

·
Registered
450 Posts
My Corky went through something similar and he had Giardia and Coccidia. Coccidia can be aggravated by stress because all dogs have Coccidia in their system - that is what I am told. Corky is on antibiotics and he is 100% better and he was very close to dying last Thursday. Now he runs, plays, eats/drinks like a normal puppy. He is almost 9wks. Does the stool smell really foul? From what I understand, both can be contracted from feces and Giarda from contaminated drinking water.

Can you take some stools in to be looked at? That is a good place to start.

Hugs and keep us posted.

Heather

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I hope Baby is o.k. :cry: That must be a really scary thing to go through.

Let us know as soon as there is an update o.k.?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm so sorry Baby is sick! Please let us know as soon as you hear anything. Positive thoughts to Baby and you!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Oh how scary this must be for you. I am so sorry Baby is sick...its such a horrible feeling to see them not feeling well. I will pray that the vets can figure out what is wrong and get her feeling better.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baby is back from the vet. $300 later, they still do not know what is wrong with her, but they should have results from her blood test sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. She has a bunch of medicine to take, and the vet advised to feed her only boiled chicken and rice, so hopefully that will help her get better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hope everything turns out okay for Baby. Hopefully the blood tests will show what's wrong, and something that isn't too bad! :sad5: My thoughts are with you...

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I will be praying for Baby. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
awwww I'm soooooooooooo sorry to hear that about Baby. I am glad to hear that she's feeling better. Hope both you and Baby get to feeling better soon!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts