Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know what happened to my mom in december. She fell hit her head and had bleeding on the brain which required brain surgery. She has made it back to almost good as new thanks be to God. She has been in a nursing home/rehab and was set to go home in 1 week. We got a call during the night that her trach *she still had a trach in* was full of mucus *obviously not getting cleaned out as often as it should* and she lost all oxygen and turned blue. She is in ICU and its not good. She is comatose with her eyes open and constant seizures. I realize she will probably not make it this time. Please keep my dad, my sister and our families in your prayers.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Oh Cheryl. So sorry. I hope for the best possible outcome. You and your family are in my thoughts, I was just wondering about your mom the other day. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hope for the best for your mom and for the whole family. Hugs.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh Cheryl....I'm so sorry to hear this about your Mom. Will keep her and the family in my thoughts and prayers. Sooo Soooo sorry.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Cheryl,
I so appreciate the opportunity to lift your family up in prayer.. Rest assured, we are asking for strength for you, your dad, your sister, and families. Most of all, we are praying the Lord will hold your mom in His hand and that she is wrapped in His infinite mercy. May the peace of your faith give you comfort. Deb

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry. Prayers for a postivie outcome and strength for you and the family to get through this. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry, Cheryl. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Please keep us posted. xx

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this, Cheryl. :( Please keep us posted. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much everyone. Its so heartbreaking seeing her like this. She's just having seizures every few minutes. She'd came so far worked so hard and learned to walk again, her mental state seemed great..which was a miracle considering the severity of what she came through which was a miracle...to this. :( She was without oxygen for close to 30 min. estimated. It just almost too much to handle. There is no way she will recover from this, dr. said a brain cell can only go about 4 mins without oxygen before theres damage. I surely appreciate the prayers and thoughts, I feel so bad for my dad.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am praying for you and you mom and family.I am so sorry this has happened. What does the nursing home have to say.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts