Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am taking Yoshi to the vet first thing this morning to leave him for 24 hours for an IV flush of his system :-( He is still in pain and he is flexing his abdomen muscles and resisting when you try to press so it is still coming from the GI tract :-(. To make matters worse, they took blood again yesterday to make sure everything was still looking good and he has a huge Hematoma that apparently continued to bleed? I dont know much about these things but it just worried me all night long. Blood was taken at 3:30 and there was nothing but the little scab at 6:30 and then by 8:30 it looked like this

I know it looks like a bruise from the picture but It was black and shiney and you could tell it was spreading.
At 10:30 pm it looked like this

and at Midnight it looked like this

He has bruised a little one other time in the past but It had never spread and gotten worse and darker as the day went by. Freaked me out to say the very least...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My goodness...poor Yoshi! I hope they're able to figure out what is making him feel so horribly & are able to make him feel better. That is very odd he got such an awful hematoma from the needle as well. We'll be thinking about you guys...

How is Chibi doing btw?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chibi is fine. It took him awhile to have a bowel movement but he hasnt acted sick at all through the whole thing.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
yikes! Oakley had a bad reaction to having blood taken there too...I wonder if its common? She itched at it so much she made it bleed and then the brusing got black and yellowish. Very weird, but I hope he's okay hun :(

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry Michelle. :( I know you are worried sick. Bless his heart. I do hope that the IV flush gets him back in tip top shape. We are sending our best wishes, thoughts and prayers. The hematoma will probably heal up fine. They usually heal by themselves, but your Vet may decide to drain it. Please keep us posted. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh Michelle, thinking only good thoughts for little Yoshi. Please keep us posted Hun! So sorry things like this have to happen. Poor little buddy!

Lori

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So sorry to hear that Yoshi is still feeling poorly. I hope that the extra IV fluids will get him on the road to recovery! We are pulling for him!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better. Has the vet ran a Pancreatitis test on him (it's separate from normal blood tests) usually an in house snap test that you can have results in minutes.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry you're going through so much! Poor Yoshi! Keeping you both in my thoughts and hoping for good news soon. x

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys! Vet called and said that he is doing well and it appears that his little abdomen is softening up some so hopefully that is a good sign. Yes they did a test for the Pancreatitis.

He didnt scratch at the Hematoma at all, in fact it didnt appear to be sore to him or he was so concentrated on the other pain that it didnt matter. It just did that on its on with him sleeping?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts