Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I would love to see how you cut your longhaired chihuahua. Speccialy when you cut her short. Can you get a longhair to look like a short hair?

Hope someone can post before and after pictures :) (Or just on a shorthaired longhair ;) )

sorry for my english, Im from sweden.

Thanks! :p

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Um I've never cut my long haired I don't see the point as why you would do this just buy a short coat!! Lc chihuahuas don't need cutting at all

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
No, I don't think its common for LC Chi's to be trimmed at all unless you want to just for fun. The only time I've trimmed Mari is when I wanted to shorten up her "pants" because she had the runs. I'll never do it again because it took forever for it to grow back!

Its all in preference I guess. When Mari was a pup I was tempted to try her hair short (that was before I fell in love w/LC's) but now I adore her coat when its nice & full. :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah i agree i dont see the point in cutting the long coats, especially so they look like short coats, i have 2 shorts and one long and i like the difference in them.
Dillon still has to get his full coat though as he is still a puppy, but i cant wait for it to come in!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My girls are both SC Chibabies but my cousins Chi is a LC Chi and we would never cut his hair!! He's too adorable to mess with lol seriously his hair is everywhere and it's all in the most perfect spots lol. I wouldn't cute a LC Chi ever!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I LOVE my LC chi's. Bailey's coat is beautiful....and Addy's ...even tho she is still a pup...is even fluffier. I could never cut them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
there is no logical reason to cut a lc chis hair. the hair is different than that of all the other long coated dogs. i have seen it once though at work though and it irritated me and looked bad.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
As a groomer, I don't think I've ever cut a long haired chi other than to trim up the fluffies on the ends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts