Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and was getting kids ready for school. Went into the laundry room to get shirts for the boys and normally Maya jumps up to greet me (where their pen is) and Bruiser just sleeps. Today, Bruiser was pacing and Maya was laying, all curled up. I thought, boy that is weird and called her. She didn't move. I thought she was dead. I picked up her up and she was as limp as a rag doll. I rushed her to the vets and called on my way. The vet raced in as well and the techs started an IV immediately etc. Anyway, she has fluid on her brain. They think it's hydrocephales (sp?) but she is almost 2 (in January) so she is old to have this. So they think maybe she had head trauma but I can't think of anything that could have happened to her. She was FINE last night when I went to bed at 11. The vet had me race her down to K State University hospital so she could be seen by a neurologist and I made the trip. Got pulled over by the most hateful man who gave me a speeding ticket and never even offered an "I'm sorry", "good luck" or anything. Shaking my head at that one. She made it barely alive with lots of neuro symptoms. They did give her lasix and fluid when she was at the normal vet and are running an ultrasound now to see what's up. But she is bad. I am so upset and am barely holding it together. Please pray for Maya. Thank you.
Tricia

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
OMG Tricia...I'm SO SO SO sorry to hear this. :( I will be praying for Maya & hope they are able to figure out & fix the problem. Please update us when you are able. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
OMG this is terrible news. She is in my prayers and so are you!. Bless her little heart. Sorry about the ticket. The policeman has no heart that is for sure.

Take a deep breath and know she is in good hands. The universities have all the latest equipment and information to take great care of her.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am so so sorry to hear this - I really hope she pulls through ok xxxxx

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Tricia,
I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so scary with these dogs because the least little thing can turn into a major emergency and it's even worse when you don't even know that something has happened. I really hope she'll be fine. I'll def. pray for her.

What a bastard of a cop!? Nice compassion!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh no am so sorry you are both going through this!
Least you acted fast.
I will defo pray she comes through this ok.
Please let us know when you can. xx

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh my goodness, will send prayers that she will be okay. Zoey was about 18 months when she was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so sorry.I am praying for her.And you.Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
OMG Tricia, I am so sorry this has happened to Maya. My heart just sank after reading this! Maya and your are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care and let us know as soon as you can. (((HUGS)))

I swear some cops are just plain out idiots! What a cold hearted SOB! I would definetly be fighting that ticket at traffic court!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry about Maya. We understand how frightened and worried you are about her. Bella and I send you and Maya positive thoughts and hugs.

In my opinion, the police should have more compassion for a very sick chihuahua, and just give you a warning and not the speeding ticket.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Tricia I am so sorry to hear this , prayers are on the way for little Maya and (((((HUGS))))) for you. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw Tricia I am so sorry about Maya! Maya is in my thoughts and prayers I hope they can make her better. *hugs to you and Maya* What a jerk of a cop, I swear some of them can be so heartless. Would he have been different if this was your child in the back seat? (WHICH my point is, Maya is your baby!) Ugh! Anyways keep us updated, bless Maya!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts