Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bindi is peeing and poo'ing everywhere but where she should be....5X's in my bed :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
This dog is possessed.........she was always PERFECT with it and now it's like she is posessed by the devil.
PLEASE tell me its just her teething.............PLEASE re-assure me.

She is banned from the bedroom unless we are in there. She has made the pad only once.....and I just posted how good she has been.

JINXED!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Aw, it has got to be the teething, is it real bad right now? Maybe she just isn't feeling good from it? I am sure she'll snap back in the housetraining "mode"!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hmmm...I don't know if teething can cause that or not? :? She may be going through a rebellious stage and trying to test you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOSH a rebellious stage...............how can she like punishment? She gets no attention, time outs etc etc.....I want to make this all go away.....I thought others said this happens during teething....but I cant find anything anywhere....maybe I am losing my mind :shock:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus is being a pill about it too although he hasn't caught up with Bindi yet. He's still using his pad but right at the very edge and since he's insisting on lifting his leg he's going about half off the pad. He got spatted with a rolled up newspaper today and that has helped so far, don't know how long it'll last but nothing else has worked.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I remember Mikey having accidents for awhile after he was supposedly %100 reliable. I just started crating him again when I couldn't watch him and treating him like I did when I 1st got him, would not let him out of my sight and it did eventually go back to normal. Hopefully that will be the case w/ Bindi.
Good Luck

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think it's a phase. The "Sybil Phase." Cha-Cha was doing great then all of a sudden she started leaving poops in the door way of our bedroom. Then all of a sudden she quit.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget started lifting his leg so I took a second pad and taped it to the wall and over lapped it on to the pad that is on the floor that has helped totally...

but he pooped on the floor this morning and I walked right by it and turned around and stepped in it... man was I mad... he just sat there and looked at me llike "oh no I'm in trouble now". the biggest bummer of it all is it was on the carpet... what a mess.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Tequila started peeing on my bed during that time. I had to ban her from my room all together and after a while she stopped.
I would reccommend getting a urine sample to the vet just to rule out any infection...maybe she has something medical going on and thats why...wouldnt hurt to check.

Does she have a dominant personality? A LOT of dogs will mark on their owners bed kindof as a way of making it theirs...making them dominant over the owners. Has there been any other changes in the house...to their schedule? When i brought home both Kylie and Ginger Tequila would do that for a couple weeks...she is such a jealous girl!

No worries Victoria! I am sure its just a phase. You are doing everything right by banning her from your room and giving her timeouts. People forget that bad attention (punishment) is still attention and that might be all the dog wants...you are doing right by ignoring her and getting her out of the situation.

Keep us updated!!!!
Best of luck!
-Jessica

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Although I am not an experienced Chi owner, I do sympathise! Poppy is the same age as Bindi and has been going thru the same thing! She was so good and then she started to poop on the rug in my sons bedroom.Every day, no matter how I scolded her and punished her. Then last night she pooped on the wooden floor in my bedroom...I dont understand it either...I hope its teething!! :shock:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
well youve had lots of advice Vic so all im going to say is good luck and it WILL pass. :)

Dori - try putting a coke bottle filled with sand or water etc on the pad and he should pee up that lol instaed of the wall :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my :shock: I feel a tad re-assured--although I cant imagine how long this is gonna last....I was just starting to give more privledges.....and relaxing..

Maybe Jess that's it, something to think about re: bed dominance. I highly doubt its an infection she is still holding it all day/night...I have no way to collect a sample from this girl.......

today so far (hhehehee its only 6:10 AM) she has been good and I am praising her (but I gotta watch that so Kemo doesnt start again)

Calgon take me away :?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
bindi

oh no i feel for you, it can be soooo frustrating!!! you have to let them know they've been bad, but it's hard being the bully all the time....
i hope and think it will pass...

kisses nat

·
Registered
518 Posts
How many days has this been going on?

It could be something as simple as excitement/confusion over the birthday party and all the commotion that comes with such fun times.

Also, don't rule out that it's teething related. Frasier could be a total butthead on really bad teething days like when there was more than one coming in/out on the same day and it hurt really bad.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
If it is bed dominance it should pass quickly so long as you keep her away from the bedroom (as her punishment) and praise her when she does the potty thing correctly (which you are already doing). She will realize quickly that she gets attention when she is being good and no attention when she is being bad and stop the bad behavior.
You will know when the time is right to introduce her to ur bedroom again. It really stinks because Tequila always sleeps with me but at that time she slept in a crate in the living room :( I hated it but it was the only way she would understand.
Best of luck!
-Jessica

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Oh My! How frustratead you must feel! :? I don't think it has anything to do with teething? It is probly the dominance issue? You got some really good advice here, so hopefully it will get better.

I always kept a small spray bottle with water in it...it works wonders for these little "brats" :wink: :) They hated getting "misted" with water! :)

sandra

1 - 18 of 18 Posts