Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I went and dropped off our application and paperwork at an apartment yesterday. We've been looking and only 2 had what we were looking for.

The first place we applied to turned us down. We make enough money and our rental history is perfect, but my husband has bad credit, which was our reason for denail. To tell you the truth, I don't think our credit is any of their business, paying a phone or cable bill is a lot different than paying rent, but oh well.

This second place is very nice, and we were approved at one of their other properties 6 months ago, but could not get out of our lease at our current apartment. So hopefully we will get approved. If all goes well, we'll be moving on August 26th. Please, keep your fingers crossed for me...I really want this apartment, lol. We should find out if we're approved within a few days, so I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
I wish you all the best! Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx everyone...im so nervous about finding out. i really can't wait to move. this place has a really nice grassy/park type of area, perfect for chico. i didn't bring him with us to look at the place, i didn't want him getting his hopes up :lol:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I wish you all the luck! :wink:

I know all about troubles with finding rentals. My bf and I both have bad credit (stupid credit cards :x ) but I have an excellent rental history. But everywhere seems to check credit first which is so different than paying rent. :roll:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kari said:
I wish you all the luck! :wink:

I know all about troubles with finding rentals. My bf and I both have bad credit (stupid credit cards :x ) but I have an excellent rental history. But everywhere seems to check credit first which is so different than paying rent. :roll:
I know, i think its rediculous that they check your credit...all that should be important is your rental history and how much money you make. it's really none of their business what you're personal credit history is. they should understand that about 99.9% of people would much rather pay their rent than pay a phone bill or cable bill. i mean, you NEED a place to live, but you don't necessarily NEED a phone.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, my husband just got a call from the apartment place, and we got the apartment!!! i'm so happy, we're officially moving on August 26th.

hubby scared me when he called, he was like "ok, i have good news and i have bad news." so my heart sank, and i said "what?" so he says "the good news is, we got approved for the apartment." and i'm thinking the bad news is they won't let me take chico or something, then he says "the bad news is, i didn't switch to Geico."

I was like "Chris, you're such an a**." :lol: see how he plays with my emotions? lol.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
well, my husband just got a call from the apartment place, and we got the apartment!!! i'm so happy, we're officially moving on August 26th.

hubby scared me when he called, he was like "ok, i have good news and i have bad news." so my heart sank, and i said "what?" so he says "the good news is, we got approved for the apartment." and i'm thinking the bad news is they won't let me take chico or something, then he says "the bad news is, i didn't switch to Geico."

I was like "Chris, you're such an a**." :lol: see how he plays with my emotions? lol.
I love your hubby. A sense of humor can make up for an awful lot, in my opinion. I mean, I can overlook tons of stuff if the person has a sense of humor.

I'm so glad you got the apartment!!!!! I know how much it means to you, sweetie. :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Rachael :) I'm just so psyched about this! And i'll be sure to post lots of pics of Chico in the park thats there when we move. :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Chico's Mama said:

That's great. Can I uncross my fingers now? :lol: You hubby has a great sense of humor. Glad it worked out so well.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thx :D i've already started packing up a lot of our stuff...mostly things from the closet on our balcony and my nic nacs and kitchen stuff. its different with this move, because when we moved into the place we're at now, we were living with my mother in law, so we didn't have anything except a bed, our computer and she gave us a dining table and a couch. everything else we bought the day we moved which made everything a whole lot easier, but this time i've got so much crap to pack :lol:

i really like this new place though, there's a walk-in pantry in the kitchen, which is awesome because i can't reach things very well in the cupboards (i'm vertically challenged, lol) and theres a washer and dryer in it which is a huge break...no more public laundry rooms! :D

it's gonna be so great though...and the best part? its a downstairs apartment, so chico can run around all he wants and we don't have to worry about bothering the neighbors, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts