Chihuahua People Forum banner

Name choice

• Faith (I worry about people expecting a 3rd called Love since we'd have Faith and Hope)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Glory

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Hosanna (nickname-Anna)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Silas (yep a boy's name but I like it!)

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting to hear from breeder and sweet husband said he was fine whatever I decided. He does not always say that!!

If we get this girl or another in the next year, would you help me narrow names. I'll let husband choose since I chose Hope's name.

She is named from the Bible and I'd like the new girl's name to as well. There are a couple of others in this same verse I could choose.

Here is the verse in Romans 5:
1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

So thinking of that and thinking that they will be said and written together, please vote or BY ALL MEANS suggest something I have not listed.

PLEASE NOTE: I would choose Grace but that is my husband's ex's name so that is out. No need to suggest that one :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I can end the poll. I had a longer list of names and when husband was back from car parts store he looked at the list and chose the name Ruby.

Now-for a middle name!

Thank you!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Ruby is an awesome name, I considered it for my new addition & still haven't ruled it out, I think we are going to name her Asia though.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I LOVE the name Asia!!

Waiting for the phone call back. Hoping we can still go yet tonight and get her, have her home, bathe both girls and start teaching her things. We both have the day off work tomorrow with no plans so it would be a great transition day.

Also not having to go to work tomorrow means that if it is a bumpy night, I will not worry about being a mess at work tomorrow!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yayayayay! :hello1: Aww, I'm so happy for you and your husband. Very exciting! :)
I love the name Ruby for her, and I wish you the best! Congratulations!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like Hosanna best because it's the most unusual.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I like Ruby as well, I voted for Faith I believe. Though I wouldn't worry about worrying about what others think.

I named my girl Gretel and everyone pestered when i'd get "Hansel" but I had no intention, then I got my boy (who was SUPPOSED to be a girl) Godric :hello1:

I love the look on faces when I introduce my pups as Gretel and Godric, really throws them through a loop.

We've considered Ruby as a baby addition though, I think Juliet is the front runner at the moment :]

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Well, I can end the poll. I had a longer list of names and when husband was back from car parts store he looked at the list and chose the name Ruby.
I love the name Ruby. :) It's my Roo's nickname. It started as Ruby Roo, but now I mainly just call her Ruby. (along with a zillion other silly nicknames, lol.)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I'm partial to Faith and Hosanna. But then again I have a Faith and Glory. :D

Boo to those who didn't like the choices. :p lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts