Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I hate to even bring this subject up as I know we all have seen it, but I think I am at my wits end with trying to find a solution and surgery seems so invasive of my little stud. So....here we go.... Ponch is my little boy who has an issue with what we call his pink lipstick. It seems that he always wants to show it off. It just dangles out for everyone to see.

I brought him to the doctors to find out what his issue was and they told me a few things. I was told he has two issues 1. He is a unilateral cryptorchid and 2. he had a bladder infection ( I assumed since he was always dangling that he must have gotten a bladder infection that way). I have taken the definition of cryptorchid off a website for you to read below if you are unfamiliar with that term. So after utter disbelief at the cost of his neuter surgery for a cryptorchid we would have to put him through, we took him for a second opinion, to which they agreed with the first diagnosis.

Nonetheless, both doctors said the surgery would not guarantee he would no longer dangle. I am curious to know if any of you readers and Chi lovers have gone through this or know of anyone who has. We have not had the neuter surgery done on Ponch yet as we are putting aside some funds, but I am happy to say he no longer has the bladder infection. The doctors thought he would stop dangling once he got over the bladder infection but it hasn't worked out that way.

Needless to say, my neighborscall him "uni" (short for uniball) and Ponchos self esteem is sadly diminishing. All his dames in the neighborhood look at him with disgust and utter disbelief. He can't help it! I tell him to cheer up, but when he sees his friends he hangs his head in shame.:wink: Can anyone offer me advice or simply let me know what to expect? Any words of hope would help me!

Uniball's Mom,
Brenda

(There should be two normal testes present in the scrotum of a male to be used for breeding (Fig. 1). A non-castrated male with no testes present in the scrotum is a bilateral cryptorchid (i.e., a bilaterally cryptorchid individual). A male with only one testis present in the scrotum (Fig. 2) is a unilateral cryptorchid. The term cryptorchid means hidden testicle. Unilateral cryptorchidism occurs more commonly than the bilateral condition. Go to this link for more info and pictures of crypts
http://www.ivis.org/advances/Concannon/memon/chapter_frm.asp?LA=1

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have no idea, but he is too cute! Pip only had one that was down too, but he was neutered just fine.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Awwww he's adorable!

I think someone on this board had the same problem. It takes a little longer for them to recuperate, but I think all was well.

I have 2 girls so I have no personal experience.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I had this with ozzy - not the lipstick thing but the uni ball - he only had one which had descended so when he was neutered they had to make another incision and go in and get it out - he still only had about 4 stitches and was right as rain the next day - It was no worse than an normal neuter surgery - I would definately advise you go and get him neutered :wave:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ozzy

Thanks for the info about Ozzy. I definately want to neuter Ponch I just am sad I can't let him have a pup or two. My husband says no way, plus I don't know what I would do if there was a complication with the pups coming out. Ugh! Thank you again for the words of advice.....Hopefully once we get him neutered there will be more room for his pink lipstick! :0)

Thanks,
Brenda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts