Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry we haven't been on in a while, but it's all for Chihuahua reasons! My little pack has been keeping me quite busy (and entertained!) We finally got a television so the livingroom is back, Ponyo got some furniture stairs (which she mastered in 2 days) and it's been hectic with work and my birthday.

We've also finally ordered our first Susan Lanci Design!
It should be shipped in a few weeks! YAY!

Ponyo's friend at work (a groomer named Takako who works part time) has been taking some cute pictures of her while I'm in the back bathing! She's really been helping Ponyo's socialization. She will keep Milkbone pieces in a pile on her table and feed Ponyo at intervals, asking her for tricks!

She's been taking some really cute pictures, but this one's my favorite:

She also got her first full groom at our shop (with her brother and sister there of course) ... with the blow dryer and everything! Her sister helped her much for that new experience.

Winter is slowly sputtering out here in CO, but we've had a few last storms. Ponyo isn't particularly fond of when it storms (she'd rather be in her little pine shavings box!)

"Yes, Mother, I'm wearing my coat. Can we go in now?"

She'd much rather be playing in it on a nice day!

Hubby has been doing great with all 3. Ponyo gets the special "On the Couch" begging seat, but she has to earn it!

All three of them would do anything for ham!

:color::color:Thanks for looking! We'll try to be on here more often! Miss you guys!:color::color:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Those pictures are soooo cute!! Does the Cocker have a mohawk? Love it! Your gang gets along fine? I love the shot with Ponyo in the 'favored' seat, while the rest have to wait for the treats on the floor!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, Susan. Gang gets along great! We do TONS of pack work together to help them have calm ways to problem solve with one another (everyone just got pig feet today, so I'll sit with them and rotate the 3 bones among the dogs so there's no "Hey, I want that one!" happening lol) ... I can make them all wait at a door and call each one of them by name inside. The big Aussie does step on Ponyo sometimes, but she's quick!

Ann, thank you! She's about to get way cuter in that Susan Lanci get-up! I've been having so much fun with them for the past few weeks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was the site I ordered from, Meo! Still haven't gotten the shipping e-mail, but confirmation e-mail has come.

And I just have to say, I considered all those items you had up, but if they're too big for your kids it's probably too big for Ponyo :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Deb. I'm absolutely in love with those new fur jackets you just got. We just got our first Susan Lanci so we're waiting on that!

Interestingly, on a training note, Boulder, CO is petitioning (some) to remove the Canine Good Citizens registration because of all the altercations between dogs that both have had the certification. Now what will I train Ponyo for? I've seen some Chihuahua Flyball dogs! What's the best certification group you've heard of for a recognizable Obedience certificate? I still wish higher training for Ponyo!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Hey there! So good to hear from you! Also, so good to see your darling pack!! That little Ponyo is such a babydoll. <3 Loving the Mohawk. :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much, Tina!

Zorana, we went Taste of the Wild. Took the hubby dog shopping today, and with new Ponyo being so itchy lately we figured we'd move to grain free for everyone and got advice at the Dog Store (there's a lot of great ones up here) that a poultry would be the least invasive on their systems in the transition! We're going to wait for a few weeks, we just bought a new Food Storage Container and filled it up with the Chicken Soup we feed now. We're gonna wait until we're down a bit to start transition... but my kids "never miss a meal":wink: so I know they'll love it!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thanks so much, Tina!

Zorana, we went Taste of the Wild. Took the hubby dog shopping today, and with new Ponyo being so itchy lately we figured we'd move to grain free for everyone and got advice at the Dog Store (there's a lot of great ones up here) that a poultry would be the least invasive on their systems in the transition! We're going to wait for a few weeks, we just bought a new Food Storage Container and filled it up with the Chicken Soup we feed now. We're gonna wait until we're down a bit to start transition... but my kids "never miss a meal":wink: so I know they'll love it!

I've used Totw for years and my dogs really loved it. But then Braxton just abruptly stopped showing interest in it a month ago, so we are on Fromm now as well as Stella and chewy's freeze dried raw as a topper! And the dogs go crazy over it. I hope Ponyo likes her new food 😊

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Thanks so much, Tina!

That is exciting!! You're lucky to have babies who aren't picky! My guys are extremely picky, except Mojo who would eat anything. I tried TOTW a few years ago bc it was a 6 star food and relatively cheaper compared to other brands but they didn't like it. Then after all the recalls, most of my local boutiques stopped carrying it. I've been feeding Fromm with Stella and Chewy's as a topper and some coconut oil for a few years now and am very happy with it.
There is a new brand called Farmina coming to the States from Italy that is supposed to be amazing, I requested samples of it. Kinda excited to see what all the hype is I've read online!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts