Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callie just had a poo that started out normal but then got softer and kind of runny toward the end. This is the first time thats happened. I don't think its a BIG deal I just wanted to ask you guys what I should look for. I have noticed shes been drinking a lot more water lately (last night and today compared to the last 2 days) and that may have an effect. She is eating Eukanuba dry food (I was wetting it the last few days to make it softer but tried it yesterday and today completly dry) Other than that she seems fine. Played all morning, sleeping right now. No vomiting or discomfort. I'm not freaking out yet, just want to get some more experienced insight. thanks.

PS. On the potty training end of things She almost always goes to the right corner of the room now, and I'm ab;e to put her on the pad before she finishes so then I can praise her. So we're making progress!

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
so glad your making progress :cheers: sorry can't help you on the poo thing though :(

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at this point. As long as she's not lethargic or running a fever. Sometimes if Zeus gets alittle more cookies then he should get, his poo will get that way, then the next bowl movement is normal. If it continually happens (and no lethargy, vomiting, fever), you may want to try a different food. It took me 4 types of foods until I finally got Zeus on a food that he liked and agreed with him. He's on "Wee Bits" Solid Gold.

Good to hear about the potty training. These little buggers can be stubborn :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yes I would not worry, it happens to Kemo. When he gets excited/nervous he has that too or too many greenies etc. Just watch out for other signs but dont drive yourself crazy either :D

Good news on the potty training!!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I wasn't too worried yet just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. (btw how do you check if they have a fever?) We're trying hard with the potty training and every night I'm up every two hours or so to let her pee. I usually keep her in her kennel and let her out when she cries, but I'm a little worred that she will start to think that crying is a good way to get out of her cage...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Zabet said:
btw how do you check if they have a fever
Um stick it in the hiney........I think a fever above is 105.2 or 102.5 HELP SOMEBODY! old age alert!
Yeah she may get that idea that whining gets me attention. Just do it if she has to potty and stick her right back in! night night baby :D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
Um stick it in the hiney........I think a fever above is 105.2 or 102.5 HELP SOMEBODY! old age alert!
:D Hehehe, not that old.. in Canada regular temperature for a chi ( at least that's what my vet told me) is 37 or 39 celcius can't remember, so anything higher than that..and i mean high...might be a fever...but if your puppy's energy level is the same as normal I wouldn't worry about it. With the poo, I also agree with Kemo's mamma it might be stress or overeating after the first few days....Stinky did the exact same thing...didn't poo nor pee but when he got used to the house he ate and drank a lot, also, he's on the same food as Callie, so don't worry if her poo becomes really sturdy afterwards almost hard...is just the food :D :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has Callie been dewormed yet? I noticed when I got my Guapo it was kinda the same way but I also had changed his food to the good stuff. And I took him to the vet to get heart-guard for the deworming and now he is doing fine and he is 9 weeks old. I think as long as she is eating and happy just watch her and if you dont see any change I would at least get her checked out by a vet and that will ease your mind too. :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh very good girl she is. Guapo is now using the doggie door which we still have to watch him to make sure he goes. They get alittle confused sometimes. Im glad to see that she is getting better. :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts