Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little Miss Bella has been such a good girl since i got her a little over a week ago... But the past couple days she has not been wanting to use her pee pee pads! She sometimes will pee on them or miss them slightly but she used to always do such a good job! The real problem is she suddenly does not like going #2 on the pads... If i see her getting ready to go poop i pick her up and put her on a pad. But today she has been RUNNING of the pads while she is pooping. She just would not stay on the pad. She has this special corner in my office that she likes to poop in... i have cleaned it a trillion times with natures miracle but for some reason she still loves pooping here... not pee, just poop. I have been keeping the door closed while i am not in here but sometimes i forget and i always find her little presents in here. I even tried putting a pad in the corner but she just pooed next to it underneath the futon... i picked her up and put her on the pad but she ran off mid poop once again! I know she is too young (8 weeks) to be depended on but why does she all of a sudden hate tthe pads!?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
8 weeks lol just keep up consistancy eventually he will grasp it. my Sturgis if gate is down will run down hallway and leave my son a present in his room. now mind you all my chis are outdoor trained. I have been trying to catch him in the act. but the only reason he gets past the gate is because I am not home and the others are too lazy to open and close it. So, I just get to find the little gifts :evil:

·
Registered
897 Posts
A lot of pups will go through phases of using the pads and not. Angel would go a few days where she would have no accidents at all. Then out of nowhere she would have accidents one after the other. She would go to the pad, walk right off it and go. Drove me crazy. LOL But she eventually caught on... with the help of her favorite treats. ;)

I will say it took a lot longer for her to manage pooping on the pads. She wasn't fully trained on that for quite awhile. She is 6 months now though and very good about it. Just takes time. And Angel is horribly picky about the pads. One spot on them and she won't use it. Has to be brand new and she tends to be picky about brands too. No idea why. Maybe the scents are different? *shrug*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts