Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little guy has been with us just over a week now, and he has been having the weirdest bowl movement schedule. The first two days, he went poo once a day. The third day, he didn't have a bowl movement at all. The fourth day, he pooped 3 times! Since then, he has been pooping 3 or 4 times a day. He's only 5.5 lbs, and he is on the same food they were feeding at the shelter. We feed him 3 times a day, about a 1/4 cup. We try to walk him every few hours or take him outside to use the lawn, but I have never had a dog that goes this much or this often. Should I take him to the vet? The consistency is normal pooh, not weird colors or runny. Any ideas?

Sorry for the gross question, but I am a bit worried!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It sounds like he MAY be getting a tiny bit too much food, but...you can pretty much expect a kibble fed dog to eliminate 2-4 times a day, depending on how often he is fed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The humane society said he was a little under weight so I have been giving him a bit much. I will cut back a bit and see if that helps, thanks for the suggestion guys!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi and welcome toby sure does have pretty markings ive learned with buster 5 months when he eats we go outside within 10 minutes he poops about 3 times a day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts