Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped giving pumpkin with the meals and now no poops. Ages 1yr to 6months, and they all poo's 2-3x day with the pumpkin. Also, I have cut back the amounts, using the calculator that was recommended (yikes, I was overfeeding, even for pups, no wonder they were getting a bit pudgy). They used to fool around and not hurry to eat, now they gobble it up....maybe because it's the right amount. I am concerned about the lack of poo's though. Any thoughts? Oh, I'm feeding the guidelines listed on the site. Thanks Tracy!:confused:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Pumpkin is a filler. I'm sure it was contributing to the frequent poops. You will see a big difference if you go to mainly meat, some bones, a little bit of organ. The poops will be much less frequent, and much much smaller. Virtually no odor either. They will turn white in a day or so and then deteriorate back into the earth and disappear after a rain. It's so great.

Since we are talking about poop (haha) here's a really great visual of the difference between a kibble fed dog and a raw dog in the output created by kibble vs raw foods. It's truly amazing.

The Proof is in the Poo! | Prey Model Raw

I would do a couple of meat only meals and that should get them going. All dogs are different, but many raw fed dogs just poop once a day, a very small amount. Sometimes they skip a day. If you are worried about constipation or the poop is crumbly or hard, give a meal of a raw egg or an organ meal (liver/kidney). If the poops are too hard, give more meat. If they are too loose - give more bone. You will learn to adjust to what each dog's specific needs are.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi thanks for the human tip i never knew that ill try it any certain kind of pumkin you buy thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts