Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, can i ask, i have a 1 yr old long haired chi, just recently she has started rolling in really smelly fresh dog poo on her walks, its so bad that i have to bath her twice to loose the smell... and then today in the garden she found 2 tiny dead birds that she decided to roll on and also some fresh bird poo, this is so sudden, and i dont know why!!
my once sweet smelling chi now excuse the pun, smell like s**t.

chi lover Tammy xxxx:confused:

·
Registered
774 Posts
mine do that sometimes too. i don't know why. hope you can get it resolved soon. i got a chuckle out of that last line. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does she know a "leave it" command? You can tell when she's going to do it - watch for a shoulder drop on her dominant side (usually the right, but with some dogs it's left, just like people). She will drop her shoulder before she rolls, and you can give her a quick "aaack!" or "leave it!" before she gets down and dirty. Pablo did the same thing when I first got him, and I had to give him a bath, too. After a couple of weeks of watching him closely and correcting him, he's stopped trying. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I agree with Widogmom, I was thinking the same thing. Teach her a leave it command and correct her when you see her about to go down and do that. It's funny how dogs find something and do that. Shayley & Kizzie roll in the grass outside our house and sometiems even on the rocks in the driveway. It's so goofy. Kizzie is obsessed with rubbing herself against my hair (Or anybodies hair I should say) right after you get out of the shower. She'll jump up behind the couch/chair your sitting on and rub up against your head. It's so funny.
Good luck with your little one! Hope it will stop soon!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi my buster rolls around on the tiniest dead insect or sometimes i see nothing but he is all into it so i guess its a chih thing try and watch out for the poo cause thats as you said 2 baths awaiting good luck on this one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts