Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if anyone has heard of "Pooch Pads" before, but they are AMAZING! They are washable wee wee pads basically. They are good for about 300 washes each and are very thick and absorb odor way much more than wee wee pads. I bought mine from Pet Smart. They were about $25 each, but worth every penny. I have had them for about a week and have only washed them twice as they are super absorbent and control odor so well.

Just thought I would share!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Wow I have never heard of those before. I'm glad that you like them so well! :) That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the type I buy!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I heard of them but wondered, I kept thinking I would be doing wash all the time :?

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
me too ........i wonder if they sell it here...........it's not cheap though ....if i order i would order 5 extra large ones .........that's 200 usd :?

kisses nat

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the Link, they seem great but like Luvmypuppet asked, Do they really use them?

I usually use towels for Peanut on his bed and kennel because I know he wont chew on them. I have tried other things but he always seems to chew them. Has Lola ever tried chewing on it?

Thanks,
Yael

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lola really does use her Pooch Pads and I have never seen her try and chew on them--actually, if anything, she chews on her Wee Wee Pads. *s*

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Guess I am just plain lazy, but I would prefer to use the disposables rather than have to wash pads. :oops:

When my children were babies, there were few disposable diapers and what you could find were rough and abrasive to their tender skin. So, it was cloth diapers and I swore when I got my youngest potty trained, I'd never wash another diaper, and these pads are too much like diapers. :lol:

Just a personal quirk of mine I guess.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just read this post and it seems like a great idea. I'm moving to Vegas in August and my dad wanted to put a doggy door on the door leading to the garage. And he said she can stay there when I'm at school. Problem is I don't want her there cuz my gramps and I will have our car in there and duh, has my dad heard of carbon monoxide! :shock:

So I wanted to keep the pooch pad in my bathroom so she can go. Do you think she will go on that even though she is only newspaper trained? Like, does it have a scent that makes them go on it all the time?How does it work when she goes poopy? Am I supposed to pick up the poo with a napkin and flush it?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have seen these on the Petsmart site before but wasn't sure if Angel would use them or not. She tends to be extremely picky about these things but lately, I have been going through the disposables like crazy. Since we don't have our own yard, it has been easier to just use them than take her outside. With her though, if she goes on the pad once, she will never use it again. I have to change it each and every time or she will go on the floor right next to it. LOL Because of that, I have to buy a large supply of them and our amount of garbage each week is horrendous!

I may go ahead and order these and try them out. It seems like it would save a lot of money in the long run! Thanks!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
So far so good with the pads! Although... if she goes on it once, she won't use it again unless I wash it. :( She has always been picky like that though. LOL

It was so funny... I finally convinced her to go on the pad after much confusion on her part. She put her ears back and shot me this look while she was going as if to say, "Ok... I'm doing it. I better not get yelled at for going in the wrong place!" :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts