Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Well i got one of those soft side pools. It is huge and it took a week, 2 truck loads of sand and tons of work and water to get it up and level we had to dump it 2 times completely because it wasnt level but we finally got it up right. :D My water bill will be a sight :( but it is so nice i can go out any time and swim and tan. If anyone has been thinking of getting one i recomend it. The work was worth it of couse at the time i would have told everyone never get one but now that the thing is finnally level it is great!! :wink: the only down side is all the kids want to swimm in the neighborhood. My house is the house all the kids want to hang at anyway but i can barely get them to leave now!! :shock: I dont mind the kids there a good bunch and i love kids so its all good. :lol:
anyway if you thought about one i recomend it highly 8)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That sounds so inviting! I'll be right over. :p I went to the community pool this past weekend and it was so nice with the heat. It was nice to feel weightless for awhile too (I'm 39 weeks pregnant).

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
can you take a pic of the pool ?? :wink:

i wanted to put a little one for the chi's ...i went swimming with them saturday and they loved it !!!

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
We have a pool and I love it. It's sometimes a money pit and a hassle(we just had to change the sand in our filter so we were aggravated :lol: ) but all in all we will never live w/ out a pool again! It's so nice to be able to cut grass and work in the yard and then go cool off in your own pool. :wink:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Watch out for the chlorine.

I recall years ago my vet cautioned me about letting my dogs get in the pool. He simply said the chlorine wasn't very good for them. I don't recall why or any other details - just thought I'd mention it.

Maybe someone else knows why it's bad.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Maybe excessive time in the pool (ie. every day) will dry their skin out? I can't think of any othe reason. I know a lot of people who can't keep their dogs out of the pool.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
Watch out for the chlorine.

I recall years ago my vet cautioned me about letting my dogs get in the pool. He simply said the chlorine wasn't very good for them. I don't recall why or any other details - just thought I'd mention it.

Maybe someone else knows why it's bad.
We put Kismet in our pool once, she swam for a second and then wanted out. I swore I saw her skin start to get a little irritated looking but my hubby said no..that's why I never let her go back in. :?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law have 3 mini doxies who all love their pool. They don't go in every day, usually just on weekends when the family is in the pool. If I remember correctly, I think my daughter mentioned once that her vet had said it was o.k.?

They thoroughly enjoy their pool - they are in it almost every day from late May through the end of September. We have a very long pool season here in Florida.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Posha is not allowed in the pool. The kids are always asking if they can put her in it. :roll: I tell them NO NO repeatedly like im gonna change my mind or something ( i dont think they listen to well) :shock: hahaha
im afraid she would drown or get hurt by one of the kids on accident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts