Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember there was a thread on this a few months ago, with some possible solutions. Seems my new puppy is a poop eater!

On one hand, at least she'll clean up after her accidents.

On the other, as I put her down, and she poops and immediately and excitedly, like it's a great treat, turns around and tries to devour her stinky mess, I shudder in horror.

What can be done to discourage this?

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have this hope that she might grow out of it if I just don't give her opportunity. I guess if she doesn't I can try the food additive. And if that doesn't work...give up...

The problem is that right now she has a very ... soft... poop. And it's like... it gets all over her nose...and then she wants to lick me. *gag*

Another problem is that she realizes I won't let her have it (I think) and she acts very furtive when she has to go. (Luckily, for now, it's fairly obvious). She puts her tail down and kinda dashes from place to place, poops, and goes for it. I'm just hoping she doesn't start trying to hide from me, going in corners, and supplementing her diet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.