820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bobo does his business on puppy pads
he pees on it about 99.8% of the time

k so....when he poops technically he's on the pads
but he doesnt realize that his butt is off the pad
so the poop totally misses the pad...poor thing
he thinks he's doing it right.

what can i do to make him poop in the middle?
he likes to poop all around the sides!
and why cant he poop all in one pile/place?
he always makes trails as if he's bored and wants to spell his name
should i correct him? or just let him go?
because technically he's on the pad, but he misses!
i kinda feel like im playing battleship with him!

does/has this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had the same problem. there are pads you can buy at Publix and Walmart and stores like that that are made by Depends I think. I htink they're supposed to go under bedsheets and stuff but they're much bigger and thicker than puppy pads. i'm pretty sure they're cheaper too. gives them more room to um roam and poo. :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
yeah, he's doing what he's supposed to be doing and your concern about him missing the pad isn't his concern because technically, he's on it. He sank your battleship!! :D I'd just be happy he's doing it on/near the pad instead of somewhere else! :)

You might try putting newspaper or old sheet under the pad so the floor around the pad is protected.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lola does that too! She likes to wander around while she's pooping!! :D But as she has made the effort to go onto the pad first off then I just ignore it! :D

Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...i'm just glad he even goes by the pad now
cuz before, he would go anywhere! and i stepped in it once!
ick ;P i love him for trying<3

pads made by depends for humans or puppies?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Zabet said:
I had the same problem with Callisto. So I took a regular kitty litter box and placed the pad in it. Now shes has to jump in, in order to get to the pad so I know shes on it every time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's exactly what i was considering! Jolie is a little "poop-walker" too. :lol:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I use the large blue pads made for invalids...and Bella still manages to go off of them...she also is a " poop walker " ! She always uses the pad for " P " so I can't complain.

·
Registered
487 Posts
what about putting the pad in the doggie boxes they make? I use the purina second nature litter pan. I have the mini size, but then i noticed that sammy kept going in circles before she does her business and she looked uncomfortable. So I got her the toy size. now she has more than enough room to circle and do her business and her poops don't fall out onto the floor.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol the poop walkers club :giggles: thats funny

i wanna try the litterbox/pan thing but i think
my mom would have ten cows, she's a neat
freak! she's already having issues w/
bobo's crate/kennel thingy along with his puppy
pads. i guess i'll start small with the newspaper
border.

thanks for the suggestions all<3

·
Registered
28 Posts
loubie1736 said:
Lola does that too! She likes to wander around while she's pooping!! :D But as she has made the effort to go onto the pad first off then I just ignore it! :D

Lucie & Lola :wave:

LOL! my lola does that too! she turns all around in circles, it's the funniest thing i've ever seen! yeah, i'm just excited when she goes on the pad...or tries, for that matter. :shock:

·
Registered
534 Posts
WE use paper for our babys to potty on, and its a running joke. They go to read....and instead of reading the headline at the TOP of the paper...they read the bottom of the paper first...then all the hooey and pee miss the paper by like....2 inches. The girls never let me down.....they always pee 2 inches from any edge of the paper. Lucky my floors are linoleum!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol why do our babies do this? man oh man...
i used to use paper but it doesnt absorb the
peepee as good as the pads do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts