Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Morning Leonora had pooped on the floor. But it wasn't normal poop, it was a normal poop surrounded by green liquid :pukeright:
(sorry for being so Gross) So now I'm worried, is this normal or bad??? :?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am not an expert but any kind of green liquid doesnt sound normal! Did she perhaps eat something that disagreed with her, like a plant leaf or something? Poppy once ate a plant leaf and had greeny liquid in her poop for a day. Keep an eye on her and if it continues, go to the vet.hope she is ok... :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
How is she acting other wise? Still playing and running around like normal?
Is she eating and drinking ok?
Did you give her a greenie?
Keep an eye on her and if it gets worse or she isn't acting normal call the vet.
They will probably want to see a sample if you take her in.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ms_P said:
How is she acting other wise? Still playing and running around like normal?
Is she eating and drinking ok?
Did you give her a greenie?
Keep an eye on her and if it gets worse or she isn't acting normal call the vet.
They will probably want to see a sample if you take her in.

Dobbie loves Greenies but they turn his poop green. The first time, it scared the dickens out of me until I remembered the Greenie.

Also, could she have worms?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Seems like she has eaten something. Richie had it a few times after he picked up leaves outside. But you better watch anyway- if it's not ok in 2 days- go to the vet

Richie's mom

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its okay already, but actually i have just given her a greenie, so maybe it will come back again...
Anyway, thanks for the replies... :wave:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
A Greenie is a small "green Chewie". It is supposed to help keep their teeth clean. You need to keep your little ones supervised when they are chewing on them....they can choke easily on them. I quit giving them to mine. I saw on another Forum where a little Chi choked so bad on one it caused the "Trachea to collapse! :( I just could not get used to looking at the "green poop" :colors: I switched over to the "Nylabones". I buy the really hard ones, and they take forever to chew on. Their teeth look good with not any tartar. :D

sandra

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The poop is not getting any better, its like jelly/gel and it concerns me because when we had just gotten her it was very hard and easy to pick up, is my baby sick? Im taking her to the vet in a week to get her shots, but can i wait that long with the p :pukeright: op issue???

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Rosa,
I would call the vet and get her checked. It'll put your mind at ease. If she is still doing it w/ no improvement I wouldn't wait a week. :(

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Just to be on the safe side, I would take her to the Vet. I don't think I would wait a week. keep us posted :)

Sandra

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I agree rosa If her poop is that liquid I would not wait a week either. Gross but take a sample if you can. Let us know how she is doing :(

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I agree too. That sounds a little strange. Have you switched her food recently? I know when I switched my boys food, Mr. Peepers poop really got strange at first but it wasn't green though. I'd definitely get her checked by the vet. :wave: Keep us updated o.k.?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I just thought about this ..a few years back I had found a stray cat, I only had Chloe at the time (one of my kitty's) well, I brought the stray cat in b/c it was cold and the little guy was hungry. Turned out he had worms and ear mites. Of course Chloe also got it...in the mean time the stray cat took off. I remember Chloe having real bad diareaha(sp) and a little bit of jelly looking stuff come out too. The mites in the ear were gone by using ear drops and the worms was taken care of by 1 pill from the vets.

I hope it's something that simple in your case. :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I had thought of that too Kelly. When I had that stray kitty here, his poop was like that and it turned out he had tapeworm. If that is the case Rosa, it's easy to take care of. :wave:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it might be that, -she drags her butt over the floor :confused3:
But i have also just switched her food.
Luckily she doesn't act strange at all... :happy4:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts