Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Just wondered if chi's always poop so much. My zola east really well but like 5 mins after he eats he poos it all out. There very health poops so Im not worried about that. Just wondered if he will always poop this much. There so smelly

Oh and the other thing is he farts allot, you can't hear him do it. It's like all if a sudden theres this smell and its sooooo bad and you know he's broken wind again

*vicky*

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi does poop a lot, but not many farts. every once in awhile but it could also be my daughter blaming it on the dog lol. as for the smell i barely know when chiwi goes until i look at the wee wee pad. it's the food she eats (royal canin)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah is on Royal Canin as well, but yea his poops and farts are really bad...LOL. I thought it was normal because my cousin told me his Chi used to do that a lot too. It's so funny when he farts though he acts like nothing happened, but if Ash farts he gives this weird look like, "what's going on?" But I did hear it once and it was so funny I was on the ground laughing sooooo hard!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D lol :D great topic!
I find that both my guys poop a lot, but that is normal, I had them only on IAMs mini chunks and then I added Royal Canin to the mix...now, they poop around the same but Smelly (the farting dog as my family knows him, and well) has even smellier windbreakers! Their breaths have turn for the worst too..and their poo is a bit stinkier...I guess really good food might be great for them but can destroy your nose! :D So...is normal, all of it..and it might take you a while before you guys reach to that perfect food, taste, smell combination. :wink:

·
Registered
321 Posts
POOS

:D FUUUNNNYYYY MY BABY POOS RIGHT AFTER SHE EATS AND RIGHT AFTER SHE WAKES UP ALMOST EVERYTIME SHE IS 8 WEEKS OLD SHE FARTS AND SHE EVEN BURPS I NOTICE SHE DOES THE BURPING IF SHE IS REALLY FULL I FIGURE SHE IS TAKING IN TO MUCH AIR WHEN SHE IS GOOBLING HER FOOD DOWN. :p i THINK IT IS CUTE I DONT REALLY NOTICE A BAD SMELL

·
Registered
109 Posts
tell me about it...my chis must poop 6-7 times a day each....and probably pee 10-12 times a day each....food and water run right through their little bodies

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: When Bruiser "Farts" he stops dead in his tracks and trys to turn around and look at his Butt!! It is Hilarious!! Like, "did I do that?" :wink:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
sjc said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: When Bruiser "Farts" he stops dead in his tracks and trys to turn around and look at his Butt!! It is Hilarious!! Like, "did I do that?" :wink:
YEAH KEmo does that!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
sjc said:
YEAH KEmo does that!! :lol:
Yeah, Jasmine does that too. She only poops 2-3 times a day, and doesn't fart that often, but when she does - watch out. Whew!

LMAO :lol: What a topic!!! It's getting pretty bad when you are on the internet discussing your dog's poops and farts. OMG :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've found that different foods cause Zeus to go X amount of times. When I first got Zeus, he was on Nutra, then the vet recommended Eukanuba small bites. He pooped A LOT then. After I did a lot of reading on different types of dog foods and what I thought was best for him, I started feeding him brands such as Solid Gold, Natural Balance, and now Royal Canin for Chi's. He poops just twice a day, once in the morning, and once at night.

·
Registered
273 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
chiwi does poop a lot, but not many farts. every once in awhile but it could also be my daughter blaming it on the dog lol. as for the smell i barely know when chiwi goes until i look at the wee wee pad. it's the food she eats (royal canin)
Dixie eats Royal Canin too and does fart occasionally, but I was wondering if Chiwi gets an upset stomach if the food was a little oily. Let me explain myself. The first bag of RC we got, we left the food in there, filled up her little bowl when empty, and the food in the bag(over time) got a little oily. Dixie had diarrhea and nasty farts all the time from it. Now I keep it contained in tupperware in a cool-dry area and no diarrhea and the RC is never oily.

My question to you luvmypuppet and all those feeding the RC mini is did you leave the food in the bag and did it get oily? Or did you put it in a container?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I was told by Vet about 10 years ago. The amount of times a dog will go has to do with the food. I was told to put mine on Pro Plan at that time that was for Rottis Cleaning up after them was like cleaning up after an elephant. The pro plan did work though, less poopa scoopin lol :oops:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
MsStephanie said:
luvmypuppet said:
Dixie eats Royal Canin too and does fart occasionally, but I was wondering if Chiwi gets an upset stomach if the food was a little oily. Let me explain myself. The first bag of RC we got, we left the food in there, filled up her little bowl when empty, and the food in the bag(over time) got a little oily. Dixie had diarrhea and nasty farts all the time from it. Now I keep it contained in tupperware in a cool-dry area and no diarrhea and the RC is never oily.

My question to you luvmypuppet and all those feeding the RC mini is did you leave the food in the bag and did it get oily? Or did you put it in a container?
i leave it in the bag, but i keep it sealed real tight and i squeeze as much air as i can out.... chiwi has never had any tummy troubles leading to diarrhea even when she had coccidea she only had soft stools with a drop of blood in it for one day and that was it. she has thrown up a few times though, i think it's the weather plus drinking a lot in the middle of playing and zoomies...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts