Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zippo poops when i leave and dont put him in a crate. i dont want to make him go in there all the time. Is there a way to stop that kind of behavior. He just does it out of spite

·
Registered
199 Posts
I fostered a chihuahua puppy once who had the same problem. It didn't get resolved before she got adopted, but the animal rescue director told me to just keep her on a strict schedule of feeding and taking her to go potty. Maybe you could try not feeding him for a little while before putting him in his kennel and taking him to go potty before crating him so that there's no poop in his body. I wish you the best of luck! :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I crate trained angel from day one! It was against hubby's wishes, but I am a worry wart, so he is now crate trained and I absolutely love it! While we are home he has free roam of most of the house! I am just now allowing him access to upstairs. He is two years old, perfectly house trained for pee pads or outside, but, for some reason if he is allowed upstairs, he will poop in the hallway!:foxes15: Also, the cat is afraid of him and stays under the bed, upstairs! So I have given in and put a pee pad in the hallway :rolleyes:! Oh well!

But he loves his crate and will just go in it and stay in it whenever he wants. He sleeps in there (with the door closed) at night, and goes in it when we are not home! They come to think of it as a safe place! In fact, after my daughter visited us for a week, they went home and started to put treats and fun things like a Kong in their chis crate and now he just goes in there for no reason! It's not mean, they actually like their crate! It's their "den!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts