Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened a few times. She will go #2 outside and then step on her own poo when she's done and then leaves a trail of smelly foot steps inside!

How can I get her to not step in her own poo? Is it just because she's a puppy? She's 20 weeks! :confused:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've been struggling with a wet underbelly lately as his coat is getting longer ;/ The issues we have with our lovely chi's !!

Barney has a good solution. He likes to back up against the fence to do #2. He's very neat and keeps it all in one small section. He almost gets upset with me when I come along with the pooper scooper.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disposable booties sound like something that could work! I think also when the Ziwipeak arrives the poo will be harder and smaller so it won't get *gag* between her toes when she steps on it lol!
She is so sweet but also so naughty!! When I see she has stepped in her poo and she sees I'm trying to prevent her from running in the house she sprints between my legs to go inside and gets the zoomies all around the living room table lol!

·
Registered
311 Posts
We call Rio Private Pooper ~(I have a little song about it actually, but I won't go into it ;) )

She backs it up to the fence does her business, she's like a profession logger in the fact that its same spot and they all go the same way & under no circumstances does she want you to see her backside when she is going ~ that's how she became Priiiiiiiiiivate Pooper.

I don't treat her with food after she goes, and while no one else in the fam appreciates my singing (cats love it) she really does ~ so that's her reward and I get to get the kids riled up by breaking into song over a dog going in the yard :D Good Times :tongue3:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We call Rio Private Pooper ~(I have a little song about it actually, but I won't go into it ;) )

She backs it up to the fence does her business, she's like a profession logger in the fact that its same spot and they all go the same way & under no circumstances does she want you to see her backside when she is going ~ that's how she became Priiiiiiiiiivate Pooper.

I don't treat her with food after she goes, and while no one else in the fam appreciates my singing (cats love it) she really does ~ so that's her reward and I get to get the kids riled up by breaking into song over a dog going in the yard :D Good Times :tongue3:
LOOOOLLL!!! I do this too!!!! I have this ridiculous song I sing with a lot of squeals in it and whenever I sing it everyone around me is ready to commit me to the loony bin lol!!! :D I'm going to make a tread about this because I have the feeling more people do this with their chi's!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts