Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Sunny in early this morning and he spent the day at the vets being neutered. How long will he be so sore? He just does not want to move at all and even when i carefully lift him he lets me know hes not a happy camper. I did find a good little fleece shirt that zips up the back so I can keep him from getting a chill, Hes also eating and drinking the amount the vet said he should be.
The last male dog we had neurtered was the schnauzer done nearly 10 yrs ago.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I got Toby from the pound they neutered him the day before I p icked him up. It took about 3-4 days before he was normally active again and it was about a week before he showed no pain at all. The stitches were removed at 10 days and he was perfectly back to normal by then

HTH

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could scream!!! I left Sunny home with my dad while I went to run arrends in town and got home to find 1 pup minus e-collar and his stitches.
I called the Vet and the tech said as long as it looked ok and the e-collar was in place that it would be ok. His swelling is down and altho hes still pretty red he doesnt seem to be in as much pain. He keeps trying to lick but all he manages is to lift his leg and lick the inside of the collar and the endhairs of his tail.
He is still eating and drinking normally tho hes still not all that active.
mood-

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Aww I hope he feels better soon! I had Cody done last Friday. I had a heck of a time keeping him calm but thankfully he had no problems. He even though he TRIED to be so active, every once in a while you could tell he was in a little pain. He has healed nicely but his mood seems a little off. Kind of hard to explain but I think his harmones may be kind of wacky still. :? Anyway, I hope Sunny feels better soon! :wave:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunny is doing better today. He was actually playing with a new monkey plushtoy I got him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts