Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Aww poor baby!! When Carl and I finished our walk the other day he decided to sprint out of the garage and the leash got twisted around his leg. He fell on the ground screaming until I picked him up. Then he walked with a limp for a few minutes. Then he was fine and hyper a few minutes later :roll:
She looks so sweet with her duck. I can't tell which toy is Carl's favorite yet.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can see she's holding her paw up in the pic , but it seems alot better now she went out to go potty in the yard. She still has a tiny limp but I think she'll be ok. As far as the fav toy that duck is the only 1 she'll play with the others just lay there.I even try to get her to wrestle with new ones and she won't touch them :? She brings her duck to us to play fetch and tug of war everynight :) I need to buy several if I could find them. I guess she's a beanie baby girl :lol:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
if her leg still hurts you can give her 1/4 of a baby asprin, itll help alot, the vet suggested it for dodger because he has a weak leg after he hurt it, so hell twist it sometimes....and the vet said to massage the area hurting very gently and give 1/4 a baby asprin (dodge is only about 3lbs so 1/4 should be fine for your girl)

·
Registered
633 Posts
when i got Tilly i was always so careful not to leave her on the sofa or my bed. if she cant get up there herself i figured it was 2 high 4 her.
Anyway when she was about 10weeks old she was sitting curled up on my sofa and the phone rang.
Igot up to answer it n tilly jumped onto the arm of the sofa.
well basically she fell off. I have NEVER heard anything scream like she did she just lay on the floor on her side and screamed. Iwas too scared to pick her up incase shed done any real damage. well i did pick her up.
n she carried on screaming. my husband (who is a big bloke and bothered by nothing) 's face drained on colour n he was close to tears.
i cuddled and kissed her for 10 mins thinking i'll take her to the vet but i'll w8 a bit first. well she was fine after a bit but my god it scared the hell out of me. :?

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rach said:
when i got Tilly i was always so careful not to leave her on the sofa or my bed. if she cant get up there herself i figured it was 2 high 4 her.
Anyway when she was about 10weeks old she was sitting curled up on my sofa and the phone rang.
Igot up to answer it n tilly jumped onto the arm of the sofa.
well basically she fell off. I have NEVER heard anything scream like she did she just lay on the floor on her side and screamed. Iwas too scared to pick her up incase shed done any real damage. well i did pick her up.
n she carried on screaming. my husband (who is a big bloke and bothered by nothing) 's face drained on colour n he was close to tears.
i cuddled and kissed her for 10 mins thinking i'll take her to the vet but i'll w8 a bit first. well she was fine after a bit but my god it scared the heck out of me. :?
Its does scare you becuase they're paws and legs are so little :shock: I'm glad everything turned out fine :wave: I'm making hubby make a step for her Bella so it doesn't happen again.

·
Banned
645 Posts
My mothers pup ripped it's nail open all the way back to the flesh last week. He was bleeding everywhere. I couldn't calm Mom down by phone. But when she got Maxwell (the dog) to the Vet, the vet just superglued the nail back together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts