Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nothing blue yet but just tried this on him to see how he would react but the poor pet hated it! I don't blame him though, this was given to me, I never buy anything with sleeves for the dogs, they all hate them.

Lol he just went rigid wen I put it on so once the pics were taken it was off!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
That is adorable!

Jaxx did not like clothes at all at first. I started him off by letting him wear his harness in the house for short periods (when I could watch him.) After that I moved up to a very lightweight shirt (no sleeves.) After that I moved up to polos and such with sleeves on it. Now he gets excited to wear clothes and starts dancing around whenever I bring out one of his shirts.
I was afraid he would not want to wear them again since he hadn't wore clothes all summer but the first cold day he went to where I keep his clothes and started whining and was very content when I dressed him.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hahahaha i think u should start him off with lghter vlothes so he can be mdore comfy and get used to the idra of likin clothes. i did that for dex and now he doesnt mind and associates clithes with going out

235 Posts
awww haha hes adorable
i go aww gooey everytime i see him
haha yea Clio was like that at the beginning I thought it was so funny
god love them they havint a clue what to do and go all stiff
but now she pulls her hoodie out of my bag to put it on her
strangely enough i prefer clothes with sleeves because it just looks warmer
she seems to like them better like it keeps the heat in better or something lol
hes lovely xxx

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've tried sweaters with sleeves and without, but as soon as I put Cricket down, she rolls around till she gets it off. I don't know what I'm going to do when the weather gets cold.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yes, I have lots of blankets all over the house...LOL. However, I'm training her to go potty outside so I'm worried about the Ohio winter coming up! Does your Chi go outside to potty?
She does! We also have pee pads down, for middle-of-the-night or home-alone potties, but otherwise, she goes outside. In the winter, I have to dig tunnels out of the snow for her, but she'll do her business without clothes. She just runs right back in, after.

·
Registered
17 Posts
She does! We also have pee pads down, for middle-of-the-night or home-alone potties, but otherwise, she goes outside. In the winter, I have to dig tunnels out of the snow for her, but she'll do her business without clothes. She just runs right back in, after.
I have a Boston Terrier also & she goes out, does her business & runs back inside. It's not worth putting a sweater or coat on her! LOL I'm hoping Cricket picks up her habits!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts